cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Floodlights in use at last

I Rish comes true. Hilton is more than a Carthorse
Middlesex till we die (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 06:09
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2018 22:26 by BarmierKev.

Re: I Rish comes true. Hilton is more than a Carthorse
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 06:42
Thanks for report. it appears a trend like in Kent and Sussex wins we nearly let it slip from what looked like an insurmountable position

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 08:02
Cheers RnO.
We always seem to start strong in this group set-up,have a little blip,and then become stronger again.
So big hitting,that bought dividends in Bristol,and finished this tournament with a win.
By the way..Construction work at Temple Meads is for the overhead electrification of the GWR,and roadworks are for some express bus routes to serve the city.
We return in September for the county game,hopefully the same result.

GPM (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 08:34
As usual with Middx "Too Little, to late!!! The players really need to take a hard look at themselves, if they wish to gain promotion this season.

As for the team management there has been some very odd selection choices, bearing in mind their youth policy at the start of the season.

GPM

wembleylion (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 10:07
Is Ryan Harris related to Dave Harris? Great report as usual.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 12:19
R and O. Bonuses. A win for the Middle and a lot warmer than Blackstone Academy.

Good report and you make a good point re second eleven white ball cricket which has been good for a number of seasons.

Recovering from 4 for 2 and 52 for 4 on Tuesday to total 282 being a case in point.

Rogers and Out (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 13:16
Quote:
wembleylion
Is Ryan Harris related to Dave Harris?

Oh dear ! Andrew Hildreth last week, and now Ryan Harris. I blame Thatcher. Thatcher's Gold that is.

We'll soon have a team of misnamed players. Four so far - the Harris brothers (Dave and Ryan), Andrew Hildreth and Aneurin Bevan.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 13:26
Don't forget Surjit Gandu (Hove PA a few years back)

and I always loved the time the Gruaniad referred to Roll and Butter throughout a description of an innings by Roland Butcher.

Darren Gosling (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 23:50
Great report R & O, I too made the trip and well worth it, it was too - easily our best performance. Fielding was excellent and Helm's catch was something else a far cry from the dreadful start against Essex when we dropped Westley 3 times.......
Result was never really in doubt, Gloucs always needing about 30 more runs than they had balls remaining, once Higgo went it was all over. Did you think Stirlo was injured? 66 singles in his hundred was most uncharacteristic and he seemed to hold his shoulder towards the end when finally lashing out.

Rogers and Out (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 07:30
Quote:
Darren Gosling
Did you think Stirlo was injured? 66 singles in his hundred was most uncharacteristic and he seemed to hold his shoulder towards the end when finally lashing out.

I think he's been carrying a knock or two throughout the campaign. He was hit by the ball at both Cardiff and Taunton, but managed to struggle on. Having said that, running 66 singles is a fair achievement for someone with an injury. He was happy to keep it ticking over at Bristol, with Morgan and Cartwright providing the fireworks at the other end.

Enjoyed the game very much, but it was a shame such a good performance was witnessed by so few Middlesex fans, notwithstanding the fact that we were highly unlikely to qualify.

Darren Gosling (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 20:35
Yes I agree R & O about the lack of support - I heard many at Lords on Sunday saying they wouldn't bother because we couldn't realistically qualify. These are the same football supporters who follow their crappy teams the length of the country in the Premier League despite the fact from about mid September their team had no chance of overhauling Man City at the top - you gotta laugh!

Primrose Hillbilly (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 10:37
Don't let's kid ourselves about this result meaning anything.

When the pressure's off, it's a whole lot easier to have a thrash at the bowling.

I feel it significant that Cartwright scored runs in a game that didn't matter, yet his one over of rubbish against the Mexicans cost 12.

I don't think he has the temperament or skills for the level he is being asked to play at, and he definitely is not the pivotal all rounder that would make both our batting and bowling more effective.

We have failed to deliver AGAIN.

Not acceptable.

09 June, 2018 23:24
We also do well when the pressure seems to be off - had we needed to win to qualify no doubt we would have thrown it away.
Bit like a football team that is relegated and then win all their remaining matches!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net