cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Blast from past
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 11:05
http://ianlouisharris.com/2007/06/02/the-saga-of-a-four-day-match-including-several-mtwd-lost-masterpieces-middlesex-v-somerset-at-lords-2-june-2007/

came across this today rom Ged, which may interest some of you , especially the Diamond reference.

Re: Blast from past
hdo (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 12:12
Very interesting to read that match report - I wasn't able to attend the game but I remember following the scorecard at work and cheering every time we took a wicket on that fantastic first day.

I didn't know Diamond, although I read his contributions on this board for years. However, that post has brought back memories of "Auntie" Janet, who I met on many occasions. I know she used to post on here but as I recall, she was a rather controversial member of the site. Dare I ask if anyone knows how she's faring these days? I haven't seen her at a match for years.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 18:35
Janet was indeed a controversial member of MTWD while trying to express her opinions as a passionate Middlesex fan. The last time I saw her was in our disabled section with a carer. We have reconciled our differences and I hope to see her again.

Life is indeed too short.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

09 June, 2018 11:00
What was the name of that rabbit thing that used to attend lots of our matches and posted selfies? Did it end up in a stew?

adelaide (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 16:15
Hippity. Or do you mean a Rampant one?

Adelaide

hdo (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 12:44
I've now dug up and read the thread from 2010 when Janet's situation was revealed. I wasn't always a regular reader of MTWD, and somehow this information completely passed me by. I was totally unaware of her health problems and was wondering why I hadn't seen her at matches for years. I'm very sorry to read that thread, and I hope that the last few years have been kind to her.

Re: Blast from the Past
Jack Hearne (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 01:10
I also remember Janet. Our thoughts are with her and we wish her well for the future.

Re: Blast from the Past
Jack Hearne (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 01:10
There are several of us who hope that Janet is comfortable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2018 06:32 by Jack Hearne.

13 June, 2018 05:53
Merely retired from writing, Freddie Tittlemouse. No rabbit stew for me - it would be more of a beanie stew anyways.

Here is the tale (I mean tail) of my retirement.

[ianlouisharris.com]

Great to see that this site is still thriving.

(Sm50)
Hippity is author of top features: Hippity's Tale and Bunny Away

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net