cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

2nds v Worcestershire 15th june Radlett
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 10:17
I wouldn't normally use a 2s game as a thread on its own. However, given break in games and significance of this one have made an exception.

This is a semi final having qualified with 6 out of 6 100% record. I will attempt to make an appearance. Come on you 2's.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/06/2018 21:04 by BarmierKev.

Re: 2nds v Worcestershire 15th june Radlett
Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 10:28
I personally welcome Kev's initiative in encouraging us to follow the fortunes of our Second XI.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 19:17
Middlesex 2nd XI coach Alan Coleman has named a ‘potential squad’ for this match consisting of George Scott (captain), Ethan Bamber, Tom Barber, Jack Davies, James Franklin, James Fuller, Max Holden, Tom Lace, Nathan Sowter, Thilan Walallawita and Robbie White (wicket-keeper). The squad may change depending on fitness or other issues, so maybe another announcement will be made tomorrow. I am not sure about Bamber’s fitness, as he withdrew from the bowling attack after bowling 1.2 overs in the first innings in this week’s Second Eleven Championship match v Somerset, and did not bowl in the second innings.

The squad strikes a balance between being strong, and giving opportunities to the players who got us to this stage.

Ivor's Tache (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 09:34
I am on a days leave tomorrow and hope to get to Radlett for this one.

Re: 2nds v Worcestershire 15th June at Radlett
Jack Hearne (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 09:56
Good luck. We look forward to an exciting victory over Worcestershire at Radlett.

Ivor's Tache (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 13:29
Worcestershire 164 all out

15 June, 2018 18:58
It must have seemed doubtful that Middlesex 2nd XI would achieve their target when they were 104-5, but Tom Lace’s 39 not out and James Fuller’s 42 not out secured victory by five wickets.

Well done to everyone who helped us reach the final, which it seems will be away to either Warwickshire or Somerset.

A gallery on our official website shows that a good crowd was in attendance.

Fuller has spoken to our YouTube page about this win:

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 19:14
Somerset beat Warwickshire by 14 runs in the other semi-final, so Somerset it is.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 21:49
I managed to see last hour of game. JK was brutal at end.

Having best record in qualifying we had first option on home game for final. Problem is it has to be at main home ground. Lord's not available . So it's a trip to Taunton who have flexibility to accommodate. Ho hum.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

16 June, 2018 12:24
As Taunton is unavailable to host the final like Lord’s unsurprisingly is, the final will be held at Radlett on Thursday 21st June starting at 11:00am, with a reserve day on the Friday.

I would like to think this home advantage was reward for Middlesex 2nd XI winning all of their matches up to this point, but it was actually because the name of Radlett was pulled out of a hat at the expense of Somerset’s proposed venue of Taunton Vale.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 12:40
I like to think we got it because Radlett is first alphabetically.

(Sm106)

17 June, 2018 13:45
Confused!
We had first option.
Has to be home ground for some inscrutable reason.
Lords not available.
Switched to Taunton.
Taunton not available.
Somerset propose Taunton vale (presumably a different ground and not their home ground)
Names drawn out of hat despite us allegedly having first option.
Radlett drawn.
Good job the organisers aren't running Brexit. Or perhaps they are.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 11:08
A second eleven game on the main square at Lords was never going to happen. Can't see why a main ground is required anyway. Usual ECB nonsense.

There was maybe a hundred or so there v Worcs. A decent turnout for the seconds and much improved on the dozen or so at Blackstone Academy.

Worcs losing four wickets for 13 runs between overs 13 to 17 undermined any likely high score and they were bowled out in over 37.

Mx had a slight wobble at 104 for 5 but there were always bags of overs left to chase the 61 needed. 21 overs. As mentioned JK Fuller who looked back to full fitness got us over the line with Tom Lace.

JK was back off his full run when bowling unlike the walk in at Uxbridge v the Unicorns.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net