cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Plunkett for Middlesex?
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 18:12
This article is mainly about Willey and Yorkshire having an argument about the IPL, but somewhere in the middle it says we are favourites to sign Liam Plunkett (which, if true, probably means we aren't after Gregory).

[www.theguardian.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/06/2018 18:13 by chunkyinargyll.

Re: Plunkett for Middlesex?
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 18:14
As Liam Plukett rarely features in County Championship matches (0 Championship appearances so far in 2018, 2 in 2017, 8 in 2016, 5 in 2015 and 7 in 2014), it would seem an unlikely signing for a club who are overstocked with fast bowlers when everyone is fit and firing (which rarely actually happens!) and whose supporters tend to consider the Championship much more important than limited-overs cricket. If he was to sign, I imagine that the main purpose of his signing would be help Middlesex's limited-overs performances. If that is the case, I would welcome him, as not only can he perform well with the ball, but he can score late-order runs.

14 June, 2018 21:13
The article I linked to has been amended, and now says Plunkett is free to speak to other counties (removing the 'Middlesex are favourites to sign him' phrase, but it was definitely there earlier!!!!)

Jack Hearne (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 13:00
An interesting prospect. A useful tail-end batsman who can score vital runs when they are required. A faster bowler than sometimes envisaged. We will have to wait and see.

15 June, 2018 20:34
Independent repeats the line that we are favourites to sign Plunkett-

[www.independent.co.uk]

(and it does sound like they may have spoken directly to Plunkett.

16 June, 2018 07:28
As someone on WRF has pointed out, Plunkett could well get an IPL contract (first 6 weeks of season) and will probably be involved in the new ECB 100 ball cr*p (another six weeks from 2020), plus may still be playing England one day matches (although he'll be 34 before the start of next season), so Yorkshire supporters are slightly less than devastated by the thought he might be leaving.

If it was either/or, would sooner have Gregory.

Post deleted
Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 02:44
Post deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2018 10:47 by Seaxe Boy.

04 September, 2018 05:30
We know.

So why are you bumping a thread with no posts for two and a half months to tell us something the whole world already knows?

adelaide (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 10:07
I hear that Mafeking has been relieved.

Adelaide

04 September, 2018 10:12
That's a relief.

Re: Post deleted
05 September, 2018 12:31
Quote:
Seaxe Boy
Post deleted

Que?

05 September, 2018 12:35
He does that a lot Freddie.

It's really bad form, because it means what follows makes no sense.

I keep trying to remember I must always quote him as he does this.

Basically he informed us all of the 3 or 4 week old news that Plunkett has signed for Surrey.

05 September, 2018 13:19
To be totally honest Chunky that titbit of info had passed me by so it did serve a purpose.

We do seem to find it difficult to sign players from other counties. You'd think they'd be falling over each other at the prospect of playing on the hallowed turf.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net