cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Something rotten in the state of Denmark ....
Primrose Hillbilly (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 13:06
.................and Middlesex cricket.

Kev and Beefy got me to come along to a drinks reception for the sponsors earlier in the season, which the players in that CC match attended too.

It was quite a good day for the Middle, even.

Yet,the players were not a happy bunch then - even the usually sociable Ollie was tight lipped, and eyes down, and others just huddled amongst themselves, with very little banter or chatter between them. Finny in particular looked like a man adrift.

They clearly did not want to be there, - even more than normal for a "show your face grip and grin" - and they cleared out the fastest I have ever seen.No looks back, no, just let's get outta here fast.

They really did not want to engage with anyone. I got the feeling off them of condemned men, awaiting the execution that T20 will bring. I think they felt there was no point then, and that feeling has persisted.

The Twitter responses to Scott's interview on Audioboom is fairly volcanic, even by the standards of that keyboard warrior friendly medium, but I think some posters have a point.

This is a very unhappy group of players right now, and, I suggest, is reflected in the results.

Thoughts, suggestions, causes, symptoms and remedies, please?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2018 18:39 by Primrose Hillbilly.

Re: Something rotten in the state of Denmark ....
30 June, 2018 16:23
The relegation failed to be a wake up call to the complacent.
I fear there is a mixture of "I'm a test cricketer. What am I doing poncing around in division 2?" and "I'm aiming to be a test cricketer, but I'm never going to achieve that playing against Derby Leicester and Glamorgan"

The bizarre Compton affair has never been properly explained.

We loan a non achieving spinner to a county in a higher division who then starts taking wickets.

We have been described in the media as looking like a club in turmoil.

The remedy? Looking at the thread title reminds me of the saying "A fish rots from the head".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net