cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Poll: Where will we finish in T20 this year?
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 07:36

How will be get on?

Win it
Losing finalists
Losing semi-finalists
Losing quarter-finalists
5th in group
6th in group
7th in group
8th in group
9th in group

You must be logged in to vote.

24 Votes

Poll results

ResponseVotesBreakdownPercentage
Win it 2

8.33 %
Losing finalists 0 0.00 %
Losing semi-finalists 0 0.00 %
Losing quarter-finalists 3

12.50 %
5th in group 2

8.33 %
6th in group 4

16.67 %
7th in group 3

12.50 %
8th in group 4

16.67 %
9th in group 6

25.00 %

24 Votes

You have not voted yet

No point in having 4th in group to first in group options, as you can only have one vote, so finishing 1st to 4th in group ensures reaching the quarter finals. Can always add 'first in group' to any posts if you want.

Re: Poll: Where will we finish in T20 this year?
BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 09:01
On Skybet,we are 9-1 to win the South Group and 16-1 to bring the trophy home.
Bookies never give anything away!

Primrose Hillbilly (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 12:30
I'm going to check out the odds on us achieving a clean sweep of defeats.

16 - 1 against us winning the trophy actually looks generous to me.

If I were trying to tempt a Middlesex supporting gambler, I'd be offering at least 25 -1.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 22:47
I will back Middlesex’s Twenty20 side to repeat their feat of 2016 (and 2005 for that matter) by being losing quarter-finalists.

We will have a few quality players at our disposal such as Paul Stirling, Eoin Morgan, Dawid Malan, Ashton Agar and Dwayne Bravo, although each of those players either may or definitely will miss matches due to international duty, injury or not being due to play our whole campaign. We will need those players to play to their capabilities and the rest of our squad to also register some impressive performances.

I have faith in Daniel Vettori’s ideas. Hopefully I won’t look back and regret both that statement and my prediction, unless of course my prediction turns out to be unnecessarily pessimistic!

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 15:18
One out of three including two batting collapses, the first of which we got away with, as Stirlo had advanced the game to the point where four wickets for one run was just about surmountable.

So one out of three does'nt auger well. Our fielding against both Mexs and Glos was'nt of the standard required to persevere.

The Glos game defending a low score.

Did'nt see Essex game, though JK Fuller in his Uxbridge interview claimed we should have won that one.

The South Group, generally very strong, does'nt forgive below standard play.

Darren Gosling (IP Logged)
21 July, 2018 23:08
Would 17 of you like to change your vote?
Sorry this season's T20 campaign is down there with the worst I can remember.
Don't know what we are paying Vettori but it's not looking like money well spent I'm afraid....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net