cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Blake 57 triumphs over our Alien style of cricket
Middlesex till we die (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 15:40
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/08/2018 08:17 by London Leprechaun.

Re: Blake 57 triumphs over our Alien style of cricket
Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 16:09
Last sentence....pleasant with fair- sized boundaries.

Re: Blake 57 triumphs over our Alien style of cricket
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 18:34
I travelled to the match from London Bridge to Lower Sydenham, and travelled back from Beckenham Junction to Blackfriars. I found the recently-rebuilt London Bridge station to be strange, as it seemed to be the only major station I have visited to not have any boards which displayed the stations served by the next few departures. Instead, there were some boards showing the time, terminus and platform of the next 20-odd departures, and some boards showing the fastest train to a particular destination. Thankfully, I arrived with plenty of time to spare, so could afford to spend time working out which platform to go to. Blackfriars has also been refurbished recently. I imagine that tourists must be impressed that they can see several London landmarks from the platforms at Blackfriars.

I was not sure what privileges I could get at the match with my Middlesex membership. I saw a sign which said ‘members’ toilets’, but I didn’t try getting in. I purchased a ticket for the stand at a cost of £5 more than standard entry, but it seemed like anyone could get away with sitting there, as those attempting to enter the stand weren’t asked to show their ticket. I got a good view of the match from the stand, although my only criticism was that it was situated next to the main electronic scoreboard which I could consequently not see, meaning I had to rely on a manual scoreboard at the opposite end.

The decision to open the bowling with Ravi Patel meant he was able to bowl to Daniel Bell-Drummond, who seems to be one of his best friends in cricket judging by their Twitter exchanges.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net