cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Mike Brearley book 'On form' for Diamond
BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 19:58
Folks,
As you are probably aware,we have a sponsored player this year in memory of our great friend Diamond.
The player is Martin Andersson,not a bad start to his promising career at the Middle,and I'm sure Diamond would agree with us there.
So,at the players sponsor party,we were lucky enough to win a prize.
The prize is a signed copy of the Mike Brearley book titled 'On Form'
We are going to have an auction of the said book,and monies raised will be passed to Diamonds daughter,Elle,to put to the charity of her choice in memory of our friend.
Going to start the bidding at the book cover price of £20.
Postage will be free,as I will pay that myself.

Length to run this? Don't really want it to drag on,so cut off date October 6th,day before the forum.

Thanks to anyone who would like to place a bid.

Beefy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2018 11:42 by BarmierKev.

Re: Mike Brearley book 'On form' for Diamond
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 22:15
£30 from me.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Fozzie (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 09:01
I was saying yesterday that Diamond would have had some choice words to say about this season, but one thing that I'm sure would have pleased him is sponsoring Martin Andersson.

Great prose to win, and an excellent idea. I bid £35.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 11:44
This now main focus.

Ok £40. Must remember not to bid against myself

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 12:27
The book is in a cupboard,not been opened to any page at all and in prime condition.
Will up the bid to £45.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 13:45
Just like to add a piece more,had a private message from one of our posters who has kindly offered to donate a banknote towards the book without entering the auction..Thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net