cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Colly retires, to what?
dingy bags (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 10:16
Confirmed this morning that Paul Collingwood is to end his playing career at the end of the season. Heard a conversation on the radio about his suitability as a Head Coach, having done a bit with the England coaching staff.

From what I know of him, just the sort of bloke we need.

[I would like to stress that I do not know anything but am purely speculating. And no disrespect to any of our current coaches but we need a complete outsider with a new take on things.]

Re: Colly retires, to what?
Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 10:36
As Dingy Bags has also confirmed the Sky News announcement, I have absolutely no doubt that Collingwood will establish a highly successful coaching career. I wish him well as he seeks his first full-time appointment.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 11:01
I'd be more than happy with Collingwood, but I always assumed Durham would look after him, and a coaching role found for him there. To me he just seems like one of those 'one county men' even after his playing days are over.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 11:25
To start,wishing Brigadier Block good luck in retirement from playing our wonderful game.
Saw that catch at Bristol vs the convicts in 2005 and can still see it now!
One of my present day cricket hero's,a club and country player who also loves Sunderland fc (his local side)
Now,just imagine if he came as our new coach?
Would he? Could he be persuaded to leave his native north/east? Turn his back on Sunderland f (I would...lol)
Myself and Dingy will be at Durham for county game,a chance to thank him for what he has done for the game,a chance to get a photo with him (?).

snicko (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 11:50
Well, he's just put his house on the market.

[www.zoopla.co.uk]

May get a smallish 2 bed flat in NW8 ?

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 05:54
Having just heard an interview with Paul Collingwood on Radio 4's 'Today' I doubt he is our man (unless he's lying through his teeth!)

It seems the next few months will be spent coaching on the various England tours, and after that he has no offers yet, and nothing lined up.

Really whoever it is needs to be ready to start by November (as that's when pre season training starts) so I think we can cross him off the list of suspects.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 07:55
He would'nt be a bad suspect though chunky.

Primrose Hillbilly (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 14:49
Hope this gets through :

[twitter.com]

Fozzie (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 15:06
Quote:
Primrose Hillbilly
Hope this gets through :
[twitter.com]

That is brilliant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net