Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: England v Sri Lanka
Jonathan Winsky 08 November, 2018 19:31
Well done to Keaton Jennings on scoring 146 not out, which will have surely guaranteed his place as England opener for a few more Tests.

When I saw that England had declared, I felt a bit surprised, as I thought that they could have made Sri Lanka’s target even larger. However, the declaration means that they got seven overs in before the close and will have two full days left in which to take 10 wickets, unless the weather intervenes. Unless Sri Lanka bat exceptionally well, England surely won't be made to feel like they could have done with even more runs to defend.

BeefyRoberts 09 November, 2018 13:25
Spin to win

As Shots would of put by now.

chunkyinargyll 09 November, 2018 13:31
I worry about Shots.

When people disappear for more than a year with no explanation (when they have previously been prolific) you do hope he is okay.

Jonathan Winsky 09 November, 2018 19:16
I expected that the Test series would be a struggle for England due to their recent away record being poor, and the sub-continent having always been a difficult hunting ground for them. So, to win the opening Test with comfort is a great achievement.

The next challenge will be for England to try to hold onto their series lead, which they will fancy themselves to do considering Rangana Herath has retired one Test into the series, and Sri Lanka captain Dinesh Chandimal is doubtful for the second Test. However, Sri Lanka will surely know the conditions at Pallekele and Colombo better than England, so this series is far from over.

chunkyinargyll 13 November, 2018 20:13
Johnny Bairstow not picked for 2nd test.

Didn't think it was worth starting a new thread

but

Johnny Bairstow hasn't yet signed a new deal with Yorkshire for 2019.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

One or two Yorkie fans getting a bit edgy, but others think there is nothing to be worried about.

If Simmo is considering a move to Lanky (based on a strong rumour Buttler may be about to return to Somerset) maybe we should be chatting Bairstow up.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net