cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Re: New head coach is Stuart Law
Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
03 October, 2018 13:28
Jw. Agree that Richard Pybus has been overlooked. He was'nt here long enough to make a judgement.

John Buchanan revived the fielding considerably during his short spell. Unfortunately he became embroiled in the off-field politics of the hierarchy back then and was too put it bluntly dumped.

His subsequent career with Australia suggests that decision was rather hasty and ill thought out.

The spin cupboard looks like Mother Hubbard's for 2019. Have to hope for more seaming wickets unless the oppo's spin department is strong.

Was quite impressed with Matthew Critchley's bowling spell at Lord's in the recent Derby game. Not to mention his first innings ton.

Matthew Parkinson of Lancs also looks impressive when seen on TV.

Primrose Hillbilly (IP Logged)
03 October, 2018 17:48
I think it was a butting of heads between senior pro Mike Gatting, in search of his ton of tons at all costs, and John Buchanan, that led to Buck's departure.

- Though not in a Shakhoor Rana kind of way.

As previously commented, the record shows only a short term victory for one protagonist.

Stuart Law does come across as not taking cr@p from anyone. I hope he is allowed to kick as many derriere's in as many parts of the club as possible to achieve his aims. We need ruthlessness, and anything that gets in the way of the team progressing must be either improved or eliminated. One thing's certain - it will be his team that takes the field, and he will own it. - Good.

If retained, I would not be surprised to see a revitalised Hilton Arkwright as one of the results of this appointment.

All of a sudden, as Duncan Hamilton wrote, I find that I am not so much walking away from the last season, but towards the next one.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 14:17
Our new man has got himself in to a spot of bother, and has banned from the first two ODI's between West Indies and India, after making 'inappropriate comments to umpires'.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Not the kind of goody goody person Middlesex are accustomed to employing.

rod/ed (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 14:36
The lawman certainly speaks his mind.Check out his Twitter comments on Graeme Swann. Are they tongue in cheek?

16 October, 2018 15:37
Can't read it.

These days unless you do twitter yourself, you can't always read every comment.

I suppose there must be different 'levels' of tweets (some that all can read, and others only 'followers' can read).

snicko (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 17:18
It’s a parody account - similar to the Grumpy Gus account which has now (sadly) disappeared.

16 October, 2018 18:54
Oh,- I was looking at the real one (but my comment that non twitter people can no longer see all tweets still stands)

rod/ed (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 18:55
Thanks, I should have spotted the lack of tick.
No longer following!

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 20:47
Looks like the entertaining Stuey Law Twitter account has been suspended,as unable to access it.
Shame,as there was nothing bad put,nothing personal either,just some good old fun!
Never know,it may return!!

Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 14:09
Quote:
BeefyRoberts
Looks like the entertaining Stuey Law Twitter account has been suspended,as unable to access it.
Shame,as there was nothing bad put,nothing personal either,just some good old fun!

#StuartLaw appears to be working at the moment

Primrose Hillbilly (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 18:07
A'hem, 'hem, 'hem......

[www.cricket.com.au]

Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
23 October, 2018 00:45
Quote:
Seaxe Boy
Quote:
BeefyRoberts

#StuartLaw appears to be working at the moment

I guess that I ought to clarify that the Twitter account is: #StuartLaw

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
23 October, 2018 11:09
These demerit points,are they just for international cricket? I can't remember.

So,Stuey Law likes to speak his mind...nothing wrong with that shows how much passion he has for our wonderful game.
I'm really looking forward to this fresh start under the new coach.
Still no news on Jonno,hopefully he will stay with Stuey,as Jonno has all the player info and can offer help to the new coach,Stuey can learn off Jonno regarding the club set up.

23 October, 2018 13:29
Glammy looking for both a Director of Cricket and a head coach.

Maybe Jonno is brushing up on his welsh.

adelaide (IP Logged)
23 October, 2018 14:17
Quote:
BeefyRoberts
So,Stuey Law likes to speak his mind...nothing wrong with that shows how much passion he has for our wonderful game.
I suppose the same could be said for a Steve Evans type coach in football. and I wouldn't want cricket going that way. I really don't like the "shows passion" argument as the corollary seems to be that if you don't snarl, dissent, make sure you are seen as a bad loser etc then you don't care. I'm sure Law will learn to channel things a different way.

If the coach gets to the point of attracting penalty points himself, it's not a great example to the players either.

Adelaide

snicko (IP Logged)
23 October, 2018 15:14
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
Glammy looking for both a Director of Cricket and a head coach.
Maybe Jonno is brushing up on his welsh.

Jonny and our ‘Arry - could they be seen as the dream team to breathe fire back into Glamorgan ?

When does Harris’s contract expire ?

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
23 October, 2018 20:00
The most recent article about James Harris’s contract said that it had been extended for an undisclosed length.

It wouldn’t surprise me if there is a part of him which would like to end his career at Glamorgan. However, I would like to think he feels that he has goals that he wishes to fulfill at Middlesex before then.

I would also be unsurprised if Richard Johnson has a desire to eventually have a coaching or management role which is more senior than that of his current role at Middlesex.

16 January, 2019 19:27
Stuart Law was today introduced to the media after his appointment as Middlesex head coach, although the sound quality of the recording of the press conference isn’t great.

An article in the Hampstead & Highgate Express picks up on him saying that he hopes to bring in a fielding coach, although he implied that the fact he had a good career as a batsman may mean that we won’t appoint a successor to David Houghton as batting coach. However, surely we will still need someone to replace Richard Johnson as bowling coach.

An article in the Mirror picks up on Law saying that he would like to look towards the West Indies players he used to coach when it comes to filling overseas player vacancies at Middlesex, and that he would in particular like to bring in Shai Hope, although he acknowledges that the fact Hope is likely to play at the World Cup will make this signing difficult.

17 January, 2019 19:04
Stuart Law has spoken to Middlesex’s YouTube page, although this is yet another video in which the sound quality isn’t great:

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
17 January, 2019 23:21
The Law abides to the Press.

Further to Jonathan's previous link some repitition and other interesting stuff

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net