cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Forum Sunday 11:30
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 09:39
It's the Mrs birthday so tactically they have prevented me from going.

For various reasons there will be quite a few no shows.

Anyone here going?

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2018 17:06 by BarmierKev.

Re: Forum Sunday 11:30
Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 09:47
I can not speak for the forum but I have personally encouraged a couple of my friends to attend. Should be interesting.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 10:03
I'm sure Mrs Barmy will enjoy time at the forum as a romantic birthday gift.
Will be there myself sitting at the back listening and enjoying!

Ivor's Tache (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 14:31
Due to BT sports moving Fulham's game v Arsenal to Sunday I shall be attending the sacrifice of XI FFC players in sacrificial white and black shirts. Or a good pasting as it's also known. Sure there is plenty of interesting stuff to be put to the panel. On the financial side, I would be keen to hear about our future income from the MCC arrangements.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 20:05
It will be interesting to see how successful the decision to hold forums such as this on a Sunday will be. This will be the second time a forum will have been held on a Sunday after the one in mid-season, although that took place in the evening after a Royal London Cup match v Surrey. For the first time, Lower Mound says that he will attend, which he wouldn’t have done had the forum taken place in the evening. However, as has already been said, the downside of scheduling the forum at the weekend is that some potential attendees would prefer to attend or watch football that day. Of the six Premier Leagues playing on Sunday, three are from London, while another team is Liverpool, who can count a few members of Middlesex’s players and management amongst their support.

As Middlesex failed to achieve their aims of making an instant return to division one of the County Championship and reaching the knockout stage of at least one limited-overs competition, I would usually expect the post-season forum to take place under an air of disappointment. However, some of that disappointment may have been alleviated by our season ending with five wins from our final seven Championship matches, with some of our youngsters making good contributions and with some good news in regards to the appointment of Stuart Law and the potential for an extra promotion place in 2019. And we didn’t lose any points this season due to a slow over-rate! Still, I imagine there will be some supporters who would like us to make some signings after the departures of James Fuller, Ravi Patel, Nick Compton and possibly James Franklin, especially as the absence of any signings in the last two winters has been followed by two disappointing seasons, and especially as some other counties have made some signings.

With the forum taking place in the Thomas Lord Suite, I am not sure whether those attending will be allowed to enter via the North Gate, as I fear that those seeking to do so will be required to walk round to the Grace Gates.

dingy bags (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 22:21
I will be going. Interesting times - I want to know about:

reconstitution of the club board

developments as regards our own outground

attitude to the 100

coaching staff update

playing staff update

I am sure I will get full and frank information on all five areas.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 12:39
Quote:
Ivor's Tache
Due to BT sports moving Fulham's game v Arsenal to Sunday I shall be attending the sacrifice of XI FFC players in sacrificial white and black shirts. Or a good pasting as it's also known. Sure there is plenty of interesting stuff to be put to the panel. On the financial side, I would be keen to hear about our future income from the MCC arrangements.

I shall also be at Craven Cottage Ivor, giving the Whites support. A little more optimistic than yourself. The current @#$%& side are not of the Invincibles class.

Went to the Players Awards Dinner yesterday. A good event. Raised six grand for the Felix Project.

James Harris collected both the PCA and MX Award for Player of the season. Well deserved.

Paul Stirling picked up the MX white ball Player of the season and the batting award from Geoff Norris for his 109 off 48 balls in the T20 at the Hacienda. Again well deserved.

I suspect I also heard the gist of at least part of the forum speech tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2018 12:42 by Seaxe_Man.

dingy bags (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 13:59
I knew there was another item on my list - the future of out agreement with the MCC. Word is the MCC are operating the break clause in the context of the changing landscape of cricket at Lords.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net