cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Theology, Seam Bowling, Being Born Into A Thespian Family, .......... It Can Only Be
Primrose Hillbilly (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 08:57
[www.thecricketer.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2018 08:58 by Primrose Hillbilly.

Re: Theology, Seam Bowling, Being Born Into A Thespian Family, .......... It Can Only Be
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 09:30
Many thanks for the link, PH.

I saw the article earlier, but as I didn't want to sign up, I could only read the first two or three lines, but courtesy of your link, I've now read all of it.

The most interesting character to arrive on the county circuit (not just Middlesex) for many years.

It's good he has his feet on the ground. I think it's important to remember that in his first few games the conditions have been well in favour of seam bowling, and at some point he'll come up against less favourable conditions, and it will be interesting to see how he copes the first time he comes up against a flat track somewhere.

'Mini Murtagh' is certainly one to watch!

Re: Theology, Seam Bowling, Being Born Into A Thespian Family, .......... It Can Only Be
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 12:09
What a great inspirational read. Thanks for sharing

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

tallliman (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 21:18
Superb article. Really hopes he continues the way he's started. On a parallel note, I remember helping out at north mid as scorer a few years back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/10/2018 21:19 by tallliman.

Devon Dumpling (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 11:52
I just love the local in local newspapers. This week’s Exeter based Express and Echo reports that Ethan Bamber was a guest presenter at the Devon Cricket Awards Evening. It states that the England Under 19 star played ‘league cricket for Exeter’. No mention of his end of season exploits in 6 championship games for Middlesex!

adelaide (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 18:06
I know I've mentioned it before but the Enfield Gazette's report "Enfield cricketer weds" surely takes the biscuit. It's last line (of about 30) was "Mr Gomes also plays for Middlesex and the West Indies".

Adelaide

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net