cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

David Warner walks off after being sledged
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 06:37
This is just wonderful.

There I was lying in bed, at best only half awake, not wanting to get up because it's dark and cold outside, with Radio 4 on for company, and then an item of sports news properly woke me up!!!!

That master sledger, who called England weak, and gleefully made fun of Jonathan Trott's problems, walked off in a grade match (still banned from first class cricket in Oz) because a nasty man sledged him.

It turns out the nasty man was Jason Hughes (brother of Phil) I'm not sure if that is relevant, but it seems poor little Warner couldn't cope with Hughes sledging that he was a 'disgrace' (which of course he is). He was persuaded to come back and resume his innings (why?) and went on to make a hundred.

Warner had better get used to calling him a 'disgrace', as I'm sure Hughes won't be the only one to say this in the future.

[www.news.com.au]

Re: David Warner walks off after being sledged
BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 08:57
Ahh,bless the poor little lamb.

Truth hurts at times,that's just the one he has heard,many more comments about the cheat that he hasn't heard!

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 10:56
Is he setting an example to sledgers????

adelaide (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 13:36
Maybe he walked off because the sledging was not worthy of being directed at him because it was insufficiently offensive.

Perhaps he should play charity cricket with Philip Green.

Adelaide

Primrose Hillbilly (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 17:52
Warner's got more issues than Vogue.

Cricket Australia had ample evidence that he was - at very best - a loose cannon - at worst - a powder keg waiting to be set off, from 2013 onwards, yet they neither attempted to curb him, but made him v-c instead.

They say they want their cricketers to be role models, yet want them to "head butt the white line", which, I fear he takes a bit too literally.

The last thing I expect is that he will keep his head down and let his cricket do the talking for him.

More to follow...

The "Ethics Centre" report on the state of Cricket Australi, as per Cricinfo, is particularly damning at this juncture :

" Critically, CA's overarching strategy for 2017-2022 is shown to be missing strong links to the spirit of cricket that underpins behaviour within the game, with the review also identifying a consistency between the corporate behaviours of CA in dealing with stakeholders and sponsors and the moral decay of the national team leading to the choice of David Warner and Cameron Bancroft, with Steven Smith's tacit support, to use sandpaper to try to gain reverse swing in Cape Town."

For those interested, the link is here :

www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25112905/cricket-australia-arrogant-controlling-review-finds

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/10/2018 18:05 by Primrose Hillbilly.

PaulR_enfield (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 20:56
Have to say that this did make me laugh but, for me, it's totally consistent for the guy, as before the ball tampering incident what was so striking in South Africa was when the South Africans replied to all the usual sledging etc with interest the Aussies (Warner in particular) didn't like it one bit claiming that some line (set by the Aussies of course) had been crossed.

Playground bullies really.

Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
30 October, 2018 02:26
A classic case of "do not do as I do, but do as I say!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net