Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Fixtures release date
Mark Drukker 29 November, 2018 20:44
It is more important for children to see matches - I got into cricket by going to Lords during the school holidays. If Middx and MCC were not at home there were the Oval, Leyton and Blackheath. Next year only 3 T20 games are in the school holidays.

Weekends often mean rail replacement buses.

Ajay 30 November, 2018 18:32
An early heads up that the Somerset website is showing a Pre Season 3 day Friendly match v Middlesex starting on Saturday 30th March at the Taunton Vale ground.

adelaide 30 November, 2018 19:12
Ilford was good too. I can remember Mr Barlow scattering the bowls (or tennis?) players with a few blows last time I was there and a very young John Emburey at No 11 having to face one ball to save the match.

Adelaide

WayOutWest 01 December, 2018 19:30
14th April Berkshire V Middlesex seconds at Wormsley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 19:32 by WayOutWest.

Westrock 04 December, 2018 15:21

Sussex Seaxe 05 December, 2018 21:19
Quote:
adelaide
Ilford was good too. I can remember Mr Barlow scattering the bowls (or tennis?) players with a few blows last time I was there and a very young John Emburey at No 11 having to face one ball to save the match.

Adelaide

I saw that whole game. If I remember rightly, Adelaide, he hit it gently through the covers and with no fielder chasing it, ended 4 not out!

BeefyRoberts 12 December, 2018 13:11
Fixtures get released,dates all done and maybe a few members make early hotel bookings to get good deals.
What happens next?
Mexicans have moved start date of one of their county games by one day to a Sunday start,Think it's the bores game in question.
Wonder if any others will follow suit?
Why?
Surely the fixtures could of been set for Sunday start before release...or is that far too easy?!

tbl 12 December, 2018 17:35
Good for the Mexicans! I have written to Richard Goatley to express my concerns about the fixture list. I hope we do likewise.

BeefyRoberts 12 December, 2018 17:49
For home games?
Can't see any chance of moving any dates,due to MCC/Lord's having all sorts of other games being played as well on the lawn.
Away games? That would obviously be down to both counties being able to shake hands on moving dates,without upsetting the relevant memberships.
Interesting times

adelaide 12 December, 2018 18:28
Quote:
Sussex Seaxe
Quote:
adelaide

Adelaide

I saw that whole game. If I remember rightly, Adelaide, he hit it gently through the covers and with no fielder chasing it, ended 4 not out!

Absolutely correct. Little did we know how far Emburey was going to go in the game as a spinner, let alone getting up to number 7 or so as a batsman.

My other memory of Ilford was a Sunday League match where Keith Boyce peppered the gardens and Alan Connolly managed to give away four overthrows off the last ball. IIRC Don Bennett played so it was a rather scratch Middlesex selection. It was the day before my maths A level and there I was standing the whole match in the hot sun. That makes it 1969 or 1970, I think, depending exactly which exam it was. I was pretty confident about it and would not have been bothering to revise anyway but it wasn't the most sensible "day before" preparation.

Adelaide

BeefyRoberts 13 December, 2018 16:37
Gloucs v Glamorgan county fixture has now moved by a day,to start on a Sunday.
So,wonder how many more are to follow suit?
Gloucs say on email,we thanks Glamorgan and ECB for moving start?
Thank the ECB? That's the last thing I would ever so!

RadstockRob 13 December, 2018 17:42
Another fixture altered.

Essex v Somerset brought forward a day to start on Sunday.

Counties doing ECB's work for them it seems.

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

tbl 13 December, 2018 18:52
Two changes - well done to Essex for standing up to the ECB

dingy bags 13 December, 2018 19:53
The ease with which quite a number of games have been switched to having weekend play only goes to show 1) how little attention the ECB paid when drawing up the initial list to the county members and fans who want to support the CC 2) how fixed they are on one competition only 3) how unfit for purpose the ECB is.

tbl 14 December, 2018 07:47
Latest from the Cricketer

Derbyshire too

Jonathan Winsky 14 December, 2018 18:54
It would be nice if a couple of Middlesex’s matches could be slightly changed to include more weekend play.

The venue of our Twenty20 match v Gloucestershire on Sunday 11th August has been announced as Radlett. So far, the ground has only staged List A matches, but 2019 will see it staging one match in each of the three competitions despite it being unproven whether the pitch would be suited to holding County Championship matches or whether the ground could cope with T20 matches. Of course, the only way to prove it would be by staging these type of matches. Personally, I am not particularly pleased about the increased use of Radlett due to it being outside the London zonal system, and I fear that a few other Middlesex supporters feel similarly. Nonetheless, I intend to go to the Glos match unless I have football that day, and I may go to day one of the Championship match v Glamorgan were the start to be moved from Monday to Sunday (not that I have heard any rumours about this being a possibility). However, I don’t know how many of the six days at Radlett Lower Mound will attend, as he surprised me by saying he can’t see himself going to the Glos match.

In the past, I have heard suggestions that the first round or two of each season's Championship matches could take place overseas, maybe in the Caribbean, UAE, South Africa or La Manga in Spain. Thankfully for supporters fearful of having even fewer home matches to attend (but disappointingly for supporters excited at the possibility of following their county to an exotic location), I don’t think this possibility features in ECB’s plans for the next few years. However, the first round of matches in next season’s Irish first-class competition will be played in La Manga, so that could give ECB ideas.

BeefyRoberts 18 December, 2018 14:15
We have now moved 2 county games.
Sussex at home starts Sunday June 2nd
Glamorgan at home starts Sunday June 16th

I am beginning to give up even looking at fixtures and planning any leave at work.
ECB are completely clueless.
Why,oh why,can't these fixtures get start dates when originally released?

BarmierKev 18 December, 2018 14:18
The only good news is a potential extra days cricket for those in 9-5 jobs. It was shame as Beefy said they could have not declared this when fixtures were originally announced.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

BeefyRoberts 18 December, 2018 14:35
Need to move leave booked at work (if possible).
Good chance will now miss complete Sussex at home with others having leave booked.

Damn you ECB.

Seriously having doubts weather to bother after end of next season,what's the point??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/12/2018 15:54 by BeefyRoberts.

rod/ed 18 December, 2018 16:37
Radlett date changed, this was on my radar.Luckily not booked a flight yet.
Worcester away starts on a Monday,I'll keep my eye on this. Hopefully decided by time I book my train i.e 12 weeks before. Plus I'll make sure any accommodation (booking tomorrow) is 'free cancellation' .

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net