cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Life's a beech
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
16 November, 2018 17:05
Happy memories from Antigua

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Re: Life's a beech
BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
16 November, 2018 23:50
Antigua,Stanford Super series.
Yea,great memories.
It was the first time I actually met Kev,although saw him a few times at grounds around the country following Middlesex.
After our t20 win,I said to friends I'm going to Antigua,I couldn't miss the opportunity of seeing Middlesex play in the West Indies (little did we know what was going to happen later with the host).
Exchanged phone numbers with Kev via here,and I get a text off him the day before my flight,saying he is in the bar at Gatwick,waiting for me and where am I?
Panic sets in,am I going to miss my flight as still at home! No,I'm flying day after!
We arranged to meet at Jolly Beach Resort when I arrive.
Travelling with an organised tour,was a complete disaster in my eyes,nobody at Gatwick,nobody on the flight,and I got left behind at Antigua Airport by the coach to hotel as I was looking for my suitcase.
I had to share a cab with two strangers to hotel.
Won't go into rest of the poor organising,will go on for far too long!
So,at reception,I message Kev,who arrived to say hello,I checked in,he went to the first Stanford game,it wasn't Middlesex involved so didn't miss much!

It was a damn good trip,sadly our cricket didn't join in!
Lost all 3,but was great to see Middlesex in West Indies and get to know Kev,and we have formed a damn good friendship.
All inclusive resort,meant long nights/mornings at the beach side bar!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net