cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

West Indies tour - no TV coverage?
Rogero (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 12:37
Has anybody got any idea about why the England tour to the Windies has not been announced on TV schedules?

Re: West Indies tour - no TV coverage?
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 18:24
For as long as I can remember, West Indies’ home matches have always been shown on Sky. However, I cannot see anything which assures me that the series v England will be on Sky, so I fear that maybe the previous broadcasting contract has expired and that another one hasn’t been signed yet for some reason, perhaps due to there being a stumbling block between Sky and the West Indies Cricket Board. Until a few months ago, Sky used to show all of India’s home matches, but that contract ended unceremoniously, so I can’t rule the possibility of the contract to show West Indies’ home matches having ended similarly.

It would be a massive surprise if the series isn’t available on UK TV. Indeed, it would be something of a surprise if the series ends up on a channel other than Sky, although that would not be impossible considering BT seems to have a relationship with the WICB considering they show domestic cricket from the Caribbean alongside international and domestic cricket from Australia, while FreeSports have broken into cricket broadcasting, as they are showing the Mzansi Super League from South Africa and have shown a couple of other tournaments.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 19:13
According to this website it is on SKY. [www.cricketzine.com]

Yet I haven't found any mention of it on the SKY's website.

Rogero (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 16:07
Thanks Guys - your thoughts echo my own. It is one of the reasons I subscribe to both Sky and BT to watch test cricket and England tours in particular.

Sky made no mention of "see you in January" when they signed off from Sri Lanka and their web site shows no coverage at all!

Fingers crossed.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
26 December, 2018 13:40
This series is now included on the list of matches to be shown on Sky.

Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:51
Last Test now a dead rubber. Holder off to Northants for the first two CC games says Cricket Paper.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 15:41
And Why is Jos Buttler still in the slips dropping easy catches?

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net