cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Janet Davis
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
14 January, 2019 22:31
I regret to announce some sad news. Today I was advised of the recent death of Janet Davis, well known to many on here.

She had an incredible passion for Middlesex CCC, which was well documented during the early days of MTWD. I accept we had some differences of opinions on cricket matters and her etiquette on MTWD. It was good when I saw her the season before last we were able to reconcile these and had a lovely chat.

She was famous for the cakes she would make for our players. Also some of her knitting was legendary.

Janet you will be missed by many. RIP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2019 16:19 by BarmierKev.

Re: Janet Davis
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
14 January, 2019 23:05
This is very sad news, as Lower Mound and I used to enjoy bumping into Janet at cricket. I imagine that she was well known amongst many of Middlesex’s supporters, particularly those who frequented the Middlesex Room or Allen stand, and that many of our players, coaches and officials knew her too. It was also enjoyable reading her posts and reports on MTWD.

Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
15 January, 2019 09:52
Sad news. I remember working as a volunteer with her at the 2009 World Cup. Plus she correctly said that letting CJC Wright go was a mistake which his subsequent career has proved to be correct. Janet solid Mx citixen. RIP.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
15 January, 2019 11:06
Terribly sad news.
I remember seeing Janet in her usual seat in Allen Stand,and,she was well known amongst members and the club as well.
My condolences to Janets family.
May you Rest in Peace.

15 January, 2019 15:06
Never met her but she certainly added some fizz to this board and was a passionate Middx supporter.
RIP Janet.

rod/ed (IP Logged)
15 January, 2019 16:51
Sad news, she was an early user of the site when I first posted in 2002. Turned out she was a fellow pharmacist, and she arranged a free players ticket for me when Middlesex visited Edinburgh in 2003.
RIP

dingy bags (IP Logged)
16 January, 2019 17:00
I'd like to express my sadness also. Janet was one of the first people from this site that I met in the flesh. A devoted fan.

Lower Mound (IP Logged)
16 January, 2019 19:53
It was several years ago that Jonathan pointed out Janet to me at Uxbridge. I introduced Janet to Jonathan, and she gave Jonathan a bar of chocolate, which was nice. Each time we met at cricket we always had a good chat, and several years later when she sponsored Sam Robson, she gave Jonathan Robbo's cricket shirt.

A few years ago, she sadly had a stroke which prevented her from attending matches, although if she could get a carer to take her, she would perhaps come to Lord's once a season. When I found out that she was in a care home, I frequently paid her visits. When I found out her favourite players were Fred Titmus and Peter Parfitt, I gave her signed photos which she was delighted to receive, plus I brought her latest cricket magazines to read.

Although she was no longer able to visit Lord's, she still continued membership of The Middle, which showed she still followed their fortunes.

It was only a couple of weeks ago I visited Janet's care home, but was told she was in hospital. I left the programme from England v India at Lord's for her to read when she came out. I am not sure if she did return to the care home before she died, but she was always delighted whenever I came to her, and I will miss talking to her about The Middle.

Janet, it was a pleasure knowing you.

Rest in peace.

hdo (IP Logged)
16 January, 2019 23:14
I'm saddened to hear this news. When I joined MCCC as a student member about 15 years ago, Janet was one of the first to welcome me, and we would often spend a session of play sitting together. Once, when I couldn't afford to attend an away game, she took it upon herself to arrange for a player to leave me comp tickets for all 4 days. Notwithstanding the odd controversy on this board, which I'm glad to hear was resolved in later years, Janet was a true and devoted Middx fan, and a generous, warm hearted soul. RIP.

Sussex Seaxe (IP Logged)
18 January, 2019 11:17
I'd like to add my condolences to the many others. I didn't know her but remember well her contributions on the site. She was clearly a passionate supporter and I'm very sorry to hear the news.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net