Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

We Ain't Going to Stanford it. Part 5 of 6
Discussion started by Middlesex till we die , 03 February, 2019 16:07
We Ain't Going to Stanford it. Part 5 of 6
Middlesex till we die 03 February, 2019 16:07
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2019 21:54 by BarmierKev.

Re: We Ain't Going to Stanford it. Part 5 of 6
BarmierKev 03 February, 2019 16:16
Forgetting about England's showing. This report bought up some happy memories.

Feel free to read the links for parts 1,2,3.4 for the whole experience, which were up here 2015.

I hope the Barmy Army in Antigua with no cricket are now able to take consolation from the wonderful hospitality we enjoyed.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

BeefyRoberts 04 February, 2019 10:22
Not forgetting having to get vouchers to purchase drinks at the independence day party.
As we couldn't take the vouchers home,we had to get a big pile of cans and consume them.

BeefyRoberts 24 February, 2019 10:02
I wonder if the cricket ground is still being used?

Although the person involved turned out to be there for his own good only,and,I must admit,I didn't like him!
He walked around the ground as if he was the King of Antigua.
But,the ground did have a lot of cricket memorabilia there,statues of players...can't remember whom sadly.
Stickey Wicket restaurant was there,and a huge swimming pool/fitness centre (we didn't use it)
The floodlights were short,due to being next to the main airport.
And,the food village/drinks were busy all the time.

But,the Antiguan hospitality was second to none,welcomed all the time!

Jonathan Winsky 24 February, 2019 11:26
The ground ceased being used after the 2008 Stanford Super Series. However, it was subsequently purchased in a joint venture between the West Indies Cricket Board and the Antiguan government, and has hosted regular domestic and women's international matches since 2017. The ground is now known as Coolidge Cricket Ground.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net