Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

The Lambeth Lara...
Discussion started by adelaide , 15 March, 2019 11:34
The Lambeth Lara...
adelaide 15 March, 2019 11:34
... has a Test half century, helping double the Ireland score!

Adelaide

Re: The Lambeth Lara...
Jonathan Winsky 15 March, 2019 18:50
I know that Steven Finn likes reminding Angus Fraser that he has a Test fifty to his name. Now Tim Murtagh can do so too!

Dial M has earned his opportunity at playing Test cricket, so it is great to see that he is enjoying further success after he took six wickets in Ireland’s only previous Test v Pakistan at Malahide last summer. Hopefully he will be amongst the wickets in the coming days.

I am sure that Mujeeb Ur Rahman will be disappointed not to be playing in this match for Afghanistan, but surely he will get plenty of opportunities in the coming years, assuming Afghanistan are able to get other nations to play them.

tallliman 15 March, 2019 18:54
Test all rounder? Batting average of 64, bowling average of 17.

WayOutWest 15 March, 2019 22:49
I watched the whole innings and he played superbly. Nial O Brien on comms mentioned four or five times that Tim doesn't take his batting seriously enough for a player of his batting ability.

Jonathan Winsky 19 March, 2019 18:47
An Indian website says that Tim Murtagh’s 81 runs in the match thanks to his innings of 54 not out and 27 mean that he became the first number 11 to reach 25 in both innings of a Test match, and place him joint-3rd in the list of most runs scored in a Test from number 11.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net