Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Rad Let the Cider Down
Discussion started by Middlesex till we die , 02 May, 2019 11:45
Rad Let the Cider Down
Middlesex till we die 02 May, 2019 11:45
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2019 10:47 by BarmierKev.

Re: Rad Let the Cider Down
BeefyRoberts 02 May, 2019 12:20
Entertaining read from the opposition and,covers the game perfectly.
Didn't visit Cat & Fiddle,but,last time there were plenty of staff,and decent ales on offer...maybe changed owners.
Good pics to accompany report as well.

Primrose Hillbilly 02 May, 2019 12:57
Thank you, Dasher.

Great report.

Is it Farmer White from Grockles, who I recall managing to write with great atmospheric references about some of your home games? What with you and he, they appear spoiled for Arlott-esque reporters.

It's a shame there isn't much at Radlett for you to rhapsodise about, like mist over the Quantock Hills, or even a steam train on the Thameslink viaduct (in my dreams), but thank goodness for the birdlife. It might have been a Lesser Spotted Kev's Round, but we know they are an endangered species.

Bobstan 02 May, 2019 13:20
Yes, van der Merwy was the Ritchie Benaud pronunciation. He always called the onetime SA captain this, despite the fact that all his commentary colleagues pronounced it correctly.

Rocks&Boulders 02 May, 2019 13:22
Bet the Wurzels were not best pleased.

adelaide 02 May, 2019 13:28
Great report; it does seem to be in the Somerset blood.

My impression from the feed was that Scott's deflection onto the stumps was a deliberate attempt to get the run out, not simply taking evasive action. Bowlers try it quite a bit. It is still unlucky for the batsman when it comes off.

Adelaide

Haringey Racer 02 May, 2019 16:27
On the ornithological front I spotted both Red Kite and Buzzard at different times, both of which I've seen on previous visits. But the Little Egret that flew across during the Somerset innings was a new one for me at Radlett. And I can't remember the last time I didn't see a Pied Wagtail at cricket anywhere.

Agree with Adelaide that the run out looked like a deliberate deflection that for once hit the stumps and caught the batsman out of his ground.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net