cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

It's the small things that matter.
Middlesex till we die (IP Logged)
11 May, 2019 12:29
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/05/2019 08:20 by BarmierKev.

Re: It's the small things that matter.
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
11 May, 2019 20:12
I must admit I was confused by what was a referral and what wasn't. I agree it should be all or nothing and consistent for both games.
We did not get the rub of the green in this respect

Then again some matters totally in our hands we failed miserably with. Defeat gracefully accepted.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Re: It's the small things that matter.
adelaide (IP Logged)
11 May, 2019 22:31
I don't think it matters that much if the third umpire position differs between matches as long as it is the same for both sides in a match. It has been the cause in T20 for some years and nobody has complained about that.

I think there is some unnecessary confusion about reviews and referrals. Umpires never ask for advice on lbw decisions, whether the ball has taken the edge. TV only comes into play if there if teams have the right to request reviews. In domestic matches there is no such right of review.

For stumpings, run outs, marginal sixes and "was the catch taken cleanly" umpires can request TV assistance where it is available before they make the decision. But it is at their discretion, not because players (or the crowd) agitate for it.

For what it is worth, I think both Harris and Simpson would have been given out even if there had been no TV option as they were fairly clear but why not make sure?

The more surprising one was a six that took an age to be given even though it was obvious on the first replay (and to the naked eye from the Edrich).

Adelaide

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net