Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Ashes Lords Refunds.
Discussion started by Chefo , 13 August, 2019 17:47
Ashes Lords Refunds.
Chefo 13 August, 2019 17:47
Hello ladies and Gentlemen, tomorrow looks like a awful day for Cricket, I spoke with ticket office earlier and they said you'll be refunded if under 30 overs are delivered.

Now Im thinking about it I'm driving from West Wales and its a 4 hour drive each way, so my question is if there is no cricket will I be refunded even if I did not enter the stadium, obviously I'd prefer to watch Cricket than stay at home, but a 8 hour round drive to not watch any cricket is not my idea of fun.

I did try calling ticket office back i was on hold for 44 mins, and I rang back at 3:30 and it said "the ticket office is now closed"

Any advice would be wonderful as I was planning on leaving at 5am.

Thank you in advanced

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/08/2019 18:11 by Chefo.

Re: Lords Refunds.
adelaide 13 August, 2019 18:02
Chefo

I almost answered that you wouldn't get a refund from Lord's as the match is at Chelmsford but I realised just in time that you were not talking about Middlesex!

I don't know the answer but I would be surprised if you had to enter the ground. After all, is someone who lives ten minutes away really going to go outside, let alone enter the ground, when there has been torrential rain for several hours before 11am? Nor would anyone go in the ground if the match had already finished, another circumstance in which I believe refunds are available.

The website also advises looking at the reverse of the ticket but that is probably more about how to claim than when you can claim.

Adelaide

Re: Lords Refunds.
Chefo 13 August, 2019 18:10
Thank you for a prompt and non sarcastic response 👍

I'm disabled so its a long old day. I think I'm going to give it a miss and just see how it pans out. I wish everyone that goes a lovely day!

It's always been a dream of mine to watch a Ashes match at Lords! Guess I'll have to wait!

Thank you for your reply again.

Re: Ashes Lords Refunds.
adelaide 13 August, 2019 18:14
Tidy!

Sussex Seaxe 14 August, 2019 11:56
I'm not sure you even have to apply, although do check the ticket!

I'm a member and have a Rover ticket for a friend; we haven't gone, as the weather is so awful and on Rover tickets, it says that a refund will automatically be made to whomever bought the ticket. This will always be a member, whose details they will have, so it may be different for a ground ticket, do check.

In my case, my friend had already paid me the £100 (!) for the ticket. I suppose I should do the decent thing and give it back?......

BarmierKev 14 August, 2019 17:26
My commiserations to anyone who had a ticket today. I hope the refund process is an efficient one. If there was a cricket god this weather will prevail over the Hundred rubbish.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Chefo 15 August, 2019 17:54
Thank you for the reply guys, yes was sent a email yesterday saying 'full automatic refund will be given to the buyer of tickets within 30 days' (£150)

I actually went up even though I knew how bad the weather was.

Now I feel sorry for people who bought them off people on social media, that means they sold their ticket for face value around £150 i was seeing. Now if they sold that ticket for £150 and then given a automatic refund of £150 the seller is getting £300 for that ticket.

Does anyone have tickets for sale for Sundays play?

On a side note, I bought A Lords little black Radio. Do you know if it can be used in other stadiums, do they have same frequency ? For sky sports, TMS

tallliman 15 August, 2019 18:45
I expect some refund unless we are lucky tomorrow!

The lil radios can be used in some other grounds to get the comms. Can be used at Lord's for county games and I think it used to work at Trent Bridge.

Chefo 15 August, 2019 18:55
Quote:
tallliman
I expect some refund unless we are lucky tomorrow!
The lil radios can be used in some other grounds to get the comms. Can be used at Lord's for county games and I think it used to work at Trent Bridge.

I have tickets for Manchester and the Oval tests, so I'm hoping the little radio is suitable.

Chefo 17 August, 2019 11:18
Hi does anybody have two seats available for tomorrow days play please?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net