Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Trying To call The CC Run - In (More Accurately Then Last Time)
Discussion started by Primrose Hillbilly , 13 August, 2019 19:37
Trying To call The CC Run - In (More Accurately Then Last Time)
Primrose Hillbilly 13 August, 2019 19:37
Wow.

That last set of predictions worked for me, didn’t it? This Division is really sparking with teams responding to the challenge posed by three teams going up.

Gloucester made the most of their game in hand to make it two out of two, to leave every team now with 10 matches played, beating Worcester by 13 runs in their 10th game, which I had as a Wuss win, having defeated Leicester before that. So, they have roared up the table to Third.

Similarly, Northants held out against Lancashire, and beat Derby, which I had as a draw, so they moved from my predicted total of approx. 103 to 116, and are consequently about three places higher.

Lancs’ lead over Glam0rg0ne has actually lengthened, due to our despatching the man from Limpopo and his colleagues. Gloucester and Northants have moved up, with Northants 4th on 116, with Durham on 115, and the Middle 6th on 114.

Make or break time. If we are going to move up the table, we need to win, win and win again. In similar fashion, others will have their season sufficiently defined that they either now have hope in their sights, or know, in their heart of hearts that it’s going to be a long hard slog – maybe both!

Next round of games : commencing this coming Sunday, 18th August.

Derby Vs Gloucs

Gloucs have recruited out and out bruiser fast bowler Shannon Gabriel for their last three games, so they have him to blast out the top order, and Higgins to fiddle out a few more, with a batting lineup that recorded 504 vs Leicester and 345 against Worcester.

Can’t see past a win for Glaws, as Derby have slipped to 7th. Gloucester take at least 22 points, go onto 151.

Durham vs Leicester

Leicester have nothing to play for except pride, Durham need to keep pushing.

Durham win, taking them onto at least 137. They have lost as many matches as they have won, which points to some deficiencies in both batting and bowling, but they should be too strong for the bottom team.

Glam0rg0ne vs Lancs

Lancs hammered Sussex in the last round, with a leggie called Parkinson taking a ten-fer. We duffed up Glamorgan last round and I do not expect Lancs to relent. – Could do the chasing peloton a lot of favours.

Lancs win, taking them to 180, Glammy get 5, taking them to 134.

Northants vs Wuss

Both teams went in directions contrary to my predictions in the last round, so I’ll follow the form book, and say Northants to keep up the pressure on those around them and beat Wuss, who now have little to play for. Northants go onto 139.

Sussex Vs The Middle

Again, Sussex have nothing to play for, and another sport may now be pondering the wisdom point of having Rob “Squeaky” Andrew in sports management.

We thrashed Glammy last time, the heartbeat of our team, Toby, is right back in the thick of it, and I’m going on Sunday so it’s a win for the Middle; 24 points and we go onto 138. My only concern is that our relatively good white ball form may jinx us, but I’m backing the Lawman and Pothas to have us prepared for the fight, and Dawid's profitable smear to the third man boundary is phased out instead of keeping second slip interested

So, by the end of 22nd August, I expect the table to look like this :

Lancs 180

Gloucester, on the wings of the Angel Gabriel 151

Northants 139

Middlesex 138

Durham 137

Glamorgoing down 134

A bonus point here and there separates third and sixth, so every run and wicket is really starting to count.

Exciting times!

Any thoughts welcome.

Re: Trying To call The CC Run - In (More Accurately Then Last Time)
freddie tittlemouse 14 August, 2019 13:19
Without trying to guess the output of each game, quite simply we need to win one more game than all the other potential promotion contenders to ensure we go up.

adelaide 14 August, 2019 14:39
Bearing in mind that the teams that were in 8th-10th a few weeks back were 3rd-5th a couple of weeks later, I'm nor convinced that Sussex (for example) have nothing to play for yet. A couple of victories while other draw (or are rained off) and they are back in it. Worcs must be on the cusp but really only Leics are completely out of it.

Adelaide

BarmierKev 14 August, 2019 17:21
Thanks PH . What exciting times ahead. The good news unless weather intervenes it is in our hands and we have some momentum.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

tallliman 15 August, 2019 22:15
I think Durham are the kingpin here. They play all the main challengers in their remaining games.

Seaxe_man1 16 August, 2019 17:58
Bears out what I said at season start. Three up would motivate at least six teams and so it has. Always gonna be close. Glammy members at Cardiff said a win and a twelve point draw would see them up.

Seaxe_man1 16 August, 2019 19:01
Agree on the Stirlo. Looked comfortable at MTS at five. Timed the ball well and has a proper defensive push when needed PH.

chunkyinargyll 21 August, 2019 18:45
As it stands at the moment (after 11 matches each)
Lanky 181
Gloucs 152
Northants 138
Glam 133
Durham 128
Sussex 122
Middle 117
Derbys 112
Worcs 94
Leics 89

Looking at the next round of matches (and what we need to happen)

Gloucs v Sussex- Gloucs to win (accept Gloucs get promoted, but stops Sussex getting more points)
Leics v Northants. Need Leics to win to stop Northants getting away
Worcs v Glamorgan Need Worcs to win to stop Glam getting away
Lancashire v Derbys Doesn't matter too much, but probably better Derbys don't win.
Middle v Durham-we win 22 points (I'm not going to say we make 400 in 110 overs!)

If everything went our way, after the next round, the table could be something like

Lanky 205
Gloucs 174
Northants 145
Glam 140
Middle 139
Durham 135
Sussex 127
Derbys 118
Worcs 116
Leics 111

I've mostly given winning teams about 22 points, and losing teams 7, but if that scenario played out we'd still be in with a shout. Problem is after that we face Lanky, but Derbys last should be winnable.

It'll probably rain!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/08/2019 18:48 by chunkyinargyll.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net