cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Current Page: 94 of 95

Re: going off the subject
adelaide (IP Logged)
10 July, 2016 18:11
Diamond

Simple. Face the back of the court. The opponents haven't got little portable tellies strapped to their wrists, after all. To be honest this whole consultation before you serve is rather tiresome and holds the game up. Why not do it like the top teams used to years ago with hand signals behind the net player's back?

As for footballers, does anyone really think two players on the bench are chatting about tactics rather than their posh cars?

Adelaide

10 July, 2016 19:52
Too simple for today's mega stars that is Adelaide but I like the plan.

Tennis for me died with the invention of metal rackets anyway.

Sussex Seaxe (IP Logged)
11 July, 2016 08:05
It could be just the passing years, but I too find the 'talking behind hands' syndrome tiresome and irritating. Not quite so tiresome and irritating, but a little, is the need for a doubles team to touch hands after every point, even when the point was lost.

adelaide (IP Logged)
11 July, 2016 09:52
And the towel! Server hits ace. Receiver asks for towel.

Curiously enough, the towel doesn't seem to be demanded so much in doubles, probably because the mid-court conference and bonding takes priority.

Adelaide

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
11 July, 2016 12:09
Andrea Loathsome withdraws from Tory party contest.

Theresa May will be confirmed as new leader later today.

29 May, 2017 12:56
Finally found where this thread has been hiding.

RIP John Noakes

[www.youtube.com]

29 May, 2017 18:54
A fine man who did some @#$%& in his time on that show that BBC H&S department would put a block on a presenter even thinking about doing today.

Came down the Cresta run on his ar$e (minus a bobsled) and then showed off the rash/bruises on live TV,not in colour though if I remember rightly.

Big supporter of the RNLI along with the rest of the programme back in the day and it would be hard to count how many lives the lifeboats he help raise funds for have saved and will carry on saving.

Taken by that horrible ba$tard disease Alzheimer's after a long struggle with it. RIP John , a true hero.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 20:36
John Noakes....yea,use to watch Blue Peter when he was on with Valerie Singleton and Peter Perves.
Shep and Petra the two dogs.
He didn't mind having a go at everything,if I remember he had a boat (yacht?) that he sailed around the UK in with his constant companion Shep as well.
Had an infectious laugh as well!
Yep,was a top entertainer in my youth.

RIP John Noakes,thanks for all the good times 😊

21 June, 2017 06:01
Anyone else see last night's BBC News at Ten?

BBC1 had an apology caption.

The News Channel was far more entertaining-

[tvnewsroom.org]

Huw may have been writing his resignation letter at 3:15

28 July, 2017 07:34
I do hope the insurance doesn't pay out on this.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Driver writes off 200k Ferrari within an hour.

28 July, 2017 20:23
Why oh why when you have promised to do a job for someone and everything is in place months before for it all to happen as planned does someone always go and f%*k it up for me on Friday afternoon when it is far too late to make other arrangements. Not a happy camper this evening. Be even less of one tomorrow driving to Margate at 55mph rather 70mph.

23 August, 2017 16:32
This cricket free holiday in York might be the death of me,if not through all the walking through the fine food.

Didn't even attempt to talk the good lady into a day out at the Ebor meeting at York races, aren't I good smiling smiley

Looking forward to a day out in Mexico on BH Monday though.

adelaide (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 16:04
Oh no, Walter Becker gone! A musician worth a thousand X factor winners. Come back, Walter, I want you to Do It Again.

Adelaide

03 September, 2017 16:38
Schools go back next week. There goes at least another hour of my time each day while the mummy's drop the little darlings off outside...... walk you lazy sods!!

06 September, 2017 06:18
Silly news day-

[www.bbc.co.uk]

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 06:25
So,here we are on holiday in....Key West.
Hurricane Irma is heading our way and have been told to evacuate.
The shops and bars are all getting shutters put up,locals are also moving out.
Key West is turning into a ghost town.
This is a truly wonderful place to be in,Fabulous,welcoming friendly people who accept everyone open armed.
We have had two days here of utter joy.
We have a full tank of petrol and will be heading out early morning.
Something never experienced before.
Think of these poor,lovely people as they are about to get battered by the biggest hurricane to ever hit these shores.

Will keep posted via here and Facebook how we get on,heading towards Tampa.

Stay strong Key West,you don't deserve this.

Fozzie (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 19:24
University Challenge tonight included pictures of Mike Brearley, Denis Compton and Andrew Strauss. Oh, and also the Hon. Ivo Bligh

19 September, 2017 05:41
I got Bligh wrong,said it was Jardine but the others right. Unsurprising though as the kids answering the set of pics went Edrich rather than Compton......wrong stand lads.

Bit of a thumping for Leicester by a junior Cambridge college, both formed after the 1960's though.

Most amazing fact of the evening was dropped in the first minute or two that Leicester won the very first series of UC.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 09:27
I went for Edrich too. Nothing unusual for me as get stands muddled up when making arrangements to meet up.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

10 December, 2017 20:09
I can thoroughly recommend 'Mark Steel. Who do I think I am?'

I first caught this about a year ago, and last night it was repeated on Radio 4, so should remain available for another 28 days.

He tells the story brilliantly- and it's all true, because the bits that can be checked out on the internet confirm this. I'm guessing he might have changed some names on his mothers side of the family.

Because it was on Radio 4 it's the kind of thing people whose dial never goes near Radio 4 will have missed.

Make an hour free to listen. It's worth it.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Current Page: 94 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net