cricket
Latest News:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Many thanks to the Mighty Alexander Davidson for the montage. Somerset will or won't be Champions of the CC1 in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: And so it all starts with Essex
Posted by: Grockle
Date: 17/04/2017 12:10
Thanks WSM for your view which I think is held by many on a lot of points.

Please don't believe what you are told by the minority. They ARE a monority. The majority here are balanced, sensible and pro Somerset. They obviously welcome your comments so keep them coming

Should the club get on a roll some posters will disappear almost entirely and their followers will mellow immediately.

I've advocated Rob's plan in the past. Read selectively. But I am also very encouraged by the fact that I do not have to take these people on alone any more.

I have become heartily sick of the 'hate everything' platform. No matter what happens find something to criticise. It is good to see others saying 'hang on a minute'

I'm also glad someone mentioned that the people being discussed on here are people trying to do a job with families,feelings etc..... The "Overton Bashing" has been going on from one corner of this forum for well over a year now with little or no attempt to back up the constant references with evidence other than a statement of a personal dislike of a particular bowler. While being perfectly entitled to comment that way as long as it is not insulting, eventually someone might want you to back up your comments in person..... it takes a lot for that kind of reaction to finally happen.

Things here do have consequences sometimes and you have to consider that and be prepared for those if you want to voice an opinion without being willing to justify it.

We are still a pretty fair minded and constructive place on the whole. we still have a reputation for talking more sense than codswallop and references outside of the site to the codswallop tends to refer to minority posts to a larger percentage.

We also still offer a debate forum for people who find issues with the club and differ in their view to the majority. BUT you have to come armed for a discussion. Come with facts and figures. Come with some kind of respect for the rule of debate. Come with more than a couple of whinges you've had for years and want to moan about.

If you are bitter and twisted then start "BitterandTwisted.com" Tell your like minded friends and get on with it. Don't come here for an audience. We don't suffer fools who can't muster a debate and are never wrong. You'll get all upset, say something nasty to comeone and be asked to leave.

I am still proud of the fact that I have only had to remove one troll in 23 years. There have been more but they go their own ways eventually when they don't get what they want here.

Thank you people....we'll blather on in our own sweet way as Somerset continue to infuriate and elate most of us in equal measure

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net