cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Surrey v Middlesex, 28-31 August
Posted by: Supporting Middlesex since 1999
Date: 27/08/2017 19:06
Apart from the surprise omission of Tom Helm, Middlesex’s squad is as strong as I anticipated it would be. I am glad that Toby Roland-Jones is not being wrapped up in cotton wool and that James Harris and Max Holden have made the squad.

It would be nice if Holden makes his Middlesex debut, especially as his recall from his loan at Northamptonshire deprives him of being guaranteed some cricket this week, but the fact injury worries Sam Robson, Adam Voges and Paul Stirling are all fit reduces the likelihood of this.

I have checked social media, and there still doesn’t seem to be any explanation about Helm’s omission. However, as I have previously written, our fast bowling stock is likely to be strong enough for this match, plus we may feel the need to only select two fast bowlers and two spinners, so there is little need to get more cricket out of Helm than is healthy for him.

The fact Ravi Patel is not one of the two spinners in the squad confirms the fear that he has slipped down the pecking order.

Surrey have named a 13-man squad for this match consisting of Gareth Batty (captain), Scott Borthwick, Rory Burns, Rikki Clarke, Sam Curran, Jade Dernbach, Ben Foakes, Conor McKerr, Stuart Meaker, Ryan Patel, Ollie Pope, Jason Roy and Amar Virdi.

When I watched coverage of the Twenty20 quarter-final at The Oval on Friday, it looked like there were a few pitches prepared, so I assume this match will be played on a fresh pitch.

I imagine that a lot of supporters will be excited about the beer festival which will take place throughout this match.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net