cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Are we going to appeal Arrowgate?
Posted by: Peaches and Creosote
Date: 07/10/2017 11:45
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
One last time-
No one is talking about Somerset being relegated,

That is one scenario that definitely won't happen.

If you are planning to post again, either use my proper user name, or don't use it at all.

Sorry, I'm new here. I didn't know you were so keen on formality. I should have guessed. Is it ok if I post without wearing a tie?

As far as the regulations governing relegation are concerned, the two teams with the least points should go down. Therefore, if Middlesex get the two points back, Somerset automatically go into the drop zone. We know from the monkey business last season with Hants and Durham that things don't always work that way but I don't see any real evidence to say Somerset wouldn't be in peril.

I don't doubt that David Fulton commented on Sky Sports but I have no proper idea what he actually said and whether it was just his suggested solution to the mess or something with more substance than that. I've yet to meet or talk to anyone who saw Fulton's piece which only adds to the frustration. That doesn't invalidate what he said or may have said but equally it doesn't give Somerset a ''get out of jail card. Until the situation is clarified and confirmed by the ECB, neither Somerset or Middlesex can feel comfortable. Your boys though are clearly and imo deservedly in by far the most trouble given how the table reads now (ie the deduction applying).

If Middlesex get their two points back and if what Fulton reportedly said comes into being, then I accept that Somerset won't be relegated. However, there are some big 'ifs' there. It seems a monumental pretence to suggest Somerset have no chance of being adversely impacted by what Middlesex are trying to do after the event.

The people who should be getting the most stick about this are the high ups purporting to run your club. They should have appealed loud and clear at outset. It should be far too late to do so now. Why didn't they appeal strongly at the time? I don't understand that or why your supporters seem so weak in telling them. I assume from your user name that you personally are based in Plymouth or Scotland and so couldn't attend the end of season forum. However, plenty of others should have gone along to voice how let down they have been rather than to hobnob over cheese and wine.

P&C

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net