cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Poll: Marks out of 10 for season
Posted by: Supporting Middlesex since 1999
Date: 07/10/2017 15:54
I have voted for 4, as Middlesex’s season contained a few moments of celebration, we would have finished level with 4th-placed Yorkshire in the County Championship were it not for Arrowgate (OK, we would have actually finished 6th due to us having one fewer win than Yorkshire and one more defeat than Hampshire, but at least we would have survived), and we were in contention to qualify for the Twenty20 knockout stages until the last round of group matches. The big disappointment was our Royal London Cup campaign, as we won only twice in eight group matches and finished above only Kent whose only win came when I attended the meeting at Canterbury, although I don’t think we put a great deal of thought into how best to approach the competition.

All in all, though, it has to go down as a disappointing season, as our targets will have been to show why we entered this season’s Championship as title holders, and for us to reach the knockout stages of at least one limited-overs competition, especially as we brought in Daniel Vettori with the remit of building on our qualification for the previous season’s Twenty20 quarter-finals. If it wasn’t disappointing enough that we were a long way from qualifying for the RLC play-offs and couldn’t get into the Twenty20 knockout stages, we ended up being relegated in the Championship.

Despite all this, I don’t feel we should beat ourselves up about our season, as the strength of division one of the Championship meant it was inevitable that at least one seemingly strong side would go down, while I would like to think our performances in the two other competitions will give us great desire to improve in those competitions in 2018.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net