cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Are we going to appeal Arrowgate?
Posted by: Peaches and Creosote
Date: 07/10/2017 19:48
Ade - you do a good job in painting a sympathetic picture for what your hierarchy were faced with but I still believe the game was up and the two points were gone once they accepted the ECB's decision, even though they did so reluctantly. The acceptance was the mistake. Anything being raised and sought now should have been said to the ECB instead of the reluctant acceptance and at that time.

I'll ask you something now about the Arrowgate game if I may. It may not have merit but it's a genuine question. If there had been no arrow fired and the game had continued with Middlesex declaring and then using slow bowlers to rush through their overs and catch up the rate, is there any chance that Surrey (were Sanga and Roy playing?) could have knocked off the runs? If that might have been the case, you would have avoided the two point deduction but might not have got the five for a draw. Just wondering and a long way from being my point before the poster in Argyll seizes on it. Thanks.

P&C

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net