Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Job vacancy
Posted by: seaxeman
Date: 02/08/2018 09:00
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
Although he's a bit of a dour so and so, I wondered if Mike Atherton might be interested (although he would probably want Gus's job).
His son is in the academy, so he already has a good knowledge of our players. Problem is Sky are probably paying him at least double what we could offer.

Actually, Atherton/T20 is probably one for the oxymoron thread.

Atherton chunky. You need to read his cv. Not a fan of county cricket which he believes spreads the skills to thinly.

So, he is a supporter of only six teams playing ten games. I'll leave you to guess which six. This would leave huge swathes of England without first class cricket for miles around.

Presumably Atherton is unconcerned about the twelve clubs he wants to ditch: minor county cricket for them.

Last Sky pundit to fancy himself as a manager, Gary Neville, at Valencia, did not work out too well. A bit different away from the POD or computer screen.

Not popular with the Lancashire members who said ' he only bats for England'. Clue there somewhere.

Can't sees Atherton standing around in a track suit either.

STill I'm available. Not a big fan of spin, plenty of seam for me, and experience and my chapter on whiteball cricket is a blank page. My whiteball tail always starts at five.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net