Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: The Latest Forum Middlesex
Posted by: adelaide
Date: 08/10/2018 11:29
I'm trying to get my head round the thought that a new ground could host some of the minor MCC matches, leaving Lord's free to accommodate Middlesex. Seems a bit back-to-front, that. Take it to the extreme and you could have a Middlesex-funded stadium that Middlesex never play at!

The Hundred does indeed pose an existential threat to Middlesex. In some ways playing at Lord's seems to me to give some cover, as MCC members would not be happy if there was much less cricket being played there. I appreciate that having our own ground would give us more control over the revenue generated but would that revenue generated be enough?

we are not the only London sports team with ground difficulties. I watched the (alleged) highlights of the Million Pound Game last night and it seems that the London Broncos play at Ealing Trailfinders and that the ground is some way short of Super League status. I saw them play a few times at Craven Cottage in an earlier incarnation; perhaps they will find a suitable football stadium again.

Adelaide

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net