Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Janet Davis
Posted by: Lower Mound
Date: 16/01/2019 19:53
It was several years ago that Jonathan pointed out Janet to me at Uxbridge. I introduced Janet to Jonathan, and she gave Jonathan a bar of chocolate, which was nice. Each time we met at cricket we always had a good chat, and several years later when she sponsored Sam Robson, she gave Jonathan Robbo's cricket shirt.

A few years ago, she sadly had a stroke which prevented her from attending matches, although if she could get a carer to take her, she would perhaps come to Lord's once a season. When I found out that she was in a care home, I frequently paid her visits. When I found out her favourite players were Fred Titmus and Peter Parfitt, I gave her signed photos which she was delighted to receive, plus I brought her latest cricket magazines to read.

Although she was no longer able to visit Lord's, she still continued membership of The Middle, which showed she still followed their fortunes.

It was only a couple of weeks ago I visited Janet's care home, but was told she was in hospital. I left the programme from England v India at Lord's for her to read when she came out. I am not sure if she did return to the care home before she died, but she was always delighted whenever I came to her, and I will miss talking to her about The Middle.

Janet, it was a pleasure knowing you.

Rest in peace.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net