Latest news:
Welcome to ICF, folks!
Please register to become part of the Indian Cricket Fever family.

Ganguly: Doing It His Way
Discussion started by Indian Cricket Fever (IP Logged), 08 October, 2008 18:03
Indian Cricket Fever
Indian Cricket Fever
08 October, 2008 18:03
Ganguly: Doing It His Way

Gaurang
Birbal
08 October, 2008 18:28
I for one am now very keen on watching the series...

I was kinda ho hum...before this...

_____

ICL Ko Support Karo Yaro...

BCCI Ko Joote Chappal Maro....

MESSAGES->author
ananthd
08 October, 2008 18:36
I'm still ho-hum, despite SG's impending farewell and SRT's inevitable record....

We just played these guys....

And I'm not sure I agree with you Saurav's going out on top....

That would have been after his MoM at Kanpur 07....

But yes, he's by far the smartest and the man with the most dignity amongst the Big 4....

The others are going for further embarassment....

Gaurang
Birbal
08 October, 2008 18:51
SD has also predicted he will take up broadcasting with BBC...

That would be awesome...

_____

StraightDrive
SD
08 October, 2008 20:58
"And I'm not sure I agree with you Saurav's going out on top...."

I think you are partially right on this. His last series got him tainted a bit after his nice comeback. If he can get a century and a couple of fifties, I would say he has gone out on top.

Gaurang
Birbal
10 October, 2008 01:00
The last series tainted every Indian batsman except Sehwag...

_____

Gaurang
Birbal
21 November, 2008 20:22
Babu Moshai and Sachhu came to the party... Jammy didn't...

Well two out of three musketeers firing was enough for Ponting and his bunch...

_____

MESSAGES->author
Birbal
22 February, 2010 19:25
After he has gone...

We are still asking WHY?...and not why not?...

That is the hallmark of great timing..

MESSAGES->author
Birbal
22 February, 2010 20:19
Since he quit after averaging 55 in his last series against Australia... here are the scores his replacements (Yuvraj, Vijay and Badrinath, i.e. the player playing in the No. 5 or 6 spot) has averaged...

14, 85*, 27, 86, 22, 0, 54*, 9, 40, 68, 67, 23, 12, 25, 30, 56, 6, 1,

Not a single hundred in 18 innings over 12 Tests...

Yes India has done very well in that stretch... and Dhoni at No. 7 has done a FANTASTIC job of picking up the slack...but the question must be asked...did he retire too soon?

Atul
Atul
22 February, 2010 20:21
Probably only Sunny had great retirement timing and may be SG is close second.His captain ship was outstanding to his batting again it is very hard for him to get batting recognitions par with best bats in the team because of surrounded by better batsmens than him. we are having issue with 5th batsmans not for the talent but team selections.

Indian well wisher
Indian Well Wisher
23 February, 2010 01:04
^ agree with Atul, the retirement of SG was well timed, keeping an eye on the future as well..

While the replacements have not done great, at least they have been tried and we know how does NOT fit the bill, else we wud have started this exercise after 2 yrs..

With a sustained run by selectors, one of the replacements are bound to do well...even if not, its a step forward..

MESSAGES->author
Birbal
26 August, 2018 16:38
It is nearly a decade on... still the No. 5 spot is a merry-go-round... nobody has been able to OWN it...

Raina, Rohit, Rahane, all have had momments.... and until Rahane finally put his hand up last week at Trent Bridge... to stop the carousel... even if temporarily...it has been the case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/08/2018 16:39 by Birbal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net