Latest news:

GROCKLES.COM welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

Championship Data Twenty20 Data
Contact Us Weather (There)
Weather (Here) Fixture List 2008
Grockle's Honour Board Present Scorecard
Report Archives Hugh Collis "Crouchend" Gallery

Easy rules:

1. Respect other people's point of view
2. If you want to swear then your message won't be on the site for long and neither will you.
3. We're here to talk about cricket in general and Somerset in particular - banter is compulsory.
4. Bias is OK as long as its West Country in origin!!

Enjoy yourselves and everyone else will.

Editing of posts
Discussion started by Exiled Tim (IP Logged), 03 May, 2009 05:50
blackbird I'll ave ee
Exiled Tim
03 May, 2009 05:50
Reference Grockle's request for assistance re poster accusations, I have pm'd him asking if he's referring to me, but now realise he's not.

However, I think it would avoid all misunderstanding, if when editing our posts, we put the reason for the edit.

VictheFish
VictheFish
03 May, 2009 09:28
Agreed.

And I think most people do now ...

VtF.

Edited to prove a point!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 09:32 by VictheFish.

Frome Exile
Frome Exile
03 May, 2009 11:19
I agree Vic.
Unless either the reason is obvious, or it's just for grammar/typos, or it's so instantaneous that a "discontinuity" is unlikely, I (and I think most others) will usually explain or indicate edits.

I sometimes do nothing more than put my edit italics, and had assumed that was fairly clear?

MESSAGES->author
Grockle
04 May, 2009 21:10
I also type quickly and only see the errors after I've posted. I then re-read the thing and find there are some other things I wanted to say so the second version tends to be longer and larger.

I don't see revision as a problem as long as it is done before any reply to the thread has been made.

After that there should be some clarification of why the edit took place and if not there is no reason why it can't be asked for or shouldn't be given.

We have experienced examples of a poster altering his posts in order to divert criticism or confuse an issue in the past but ONLY one case that I am aware of and he is no longer a member of this commmunity.

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/05/2009 12:07 by Grockle.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.