Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be in about.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
2019 FIXTURES
Discussion started by nelliec , 27 November, 2018 10:09
2019 FIXTURES
nelliec 27 November, 2018 10:09
50 over cricket during april/may and county cricket in June and July at Taunton ! With no definite slot for T20 appearing in the fixtures released ,one would assume they are spaced randomly amongst the other fixtures, making the signing of overseas players deliberately more difficult.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 12:26 by Grockle.

Re: fixtures 2019
nelliec 27 November, 2018 10:14
Not so keen on having to play Surrey twice in our first 5 games before any of their players disappear off for England for the whole summer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/11/2018 10:42 by nelliec.

fixtures 2019
Following on 27 November, 2018 10:27
Not much happening on weekends - rather disappointing for those who work (Sm136)

Bagpuss 27 November, 2018 10:35
Just the one CC outground fixture. Guildford. Betcha Surrey put in a special request for that one.

nelliec 27 November, 2018 10:42
There actually is a 5 week slot I think for T20 but would struggle too fit all that in there.
Have we a home floodlight cc game at Taunton ??

Somerset LaLaLa 27 November, 2018 10:48
Guildford, happy days

Is there a list of all the fixtures somewhere, it's not on the ECB site?

Bagpuss 27 November, 2018 10:51
No floodlit CC games anywhere next season.

Just 5 weekend days out of a possible 32. Cricket the sport for the non-working classes.

Somerset LaLaLa 27 November, 2018 11:33
With live streaming, radio commentaries and all the postings everywhere during games those lucky enough to have the internet at work can become the non-working class. It happens when they are scheduled in this way

Phantom 27 November, 2018 12:20
Quote:
Following on
Not much happening on weekends - rather disappointing for those who work (Sm136)

Ditto, I'm going to be one less person buying a membership on the back of this, just hoping the T20 offers more?

I had contacted the club asking if they had been in contact with any travel companies about ensuring there would be public transport for those who have to travel after the later finishes but the silence was deafening from the club!
Have a horrible feeling T20 finishing times will stump me next !

Mr Clumsy 27 November, 2018 13:08
Yes, I'm another who works full time (and finds it really difficult to take leave in the summer months). I love being a member and going to the cricket but I can't justify the cost when there's only 5 days in the whole season of "proper" (not T20) cricket I can possibly attend!

I suppose the ECB will then use it as evidence that no-one's interested in the county
championship/50 over.... when they're making it really difficult for people who work to attend. I've got used to having to take leave for championship matches in September, but the earlier ones have had far more week-end days previously.

I guess as I'm female and in my 40s the ECB think I should only be interested in the 100-ball nonsense!!!

Grizzers 27 November, 2018 16:27
At least there are some CC games in the summer months.

Kent at home on 5th April seems ridiculously early, moreso as I'll miss it. Should be there for the Good Friday one day match, also v. Kent.

Not enthralled at another away game at Guildford, hardly the most appealing of grounds.

I see Yorkshire are playing a Championship fixture at York next season (v. Warks. on 17th June). Pity it's not against us, as it's a darned site attractive than Guildford !

Grizzzly

Grizzers 27 November, 2018 17:02
Number of days Championship cricket at the weekend at Essex next season = just one !

Insanity.

Grizzzly

That Bloke With The Dog 27 November, 2018 17:37
No First Class cricket being played in Somerset between 10 July and 10 September.

I could weep.

Scrumper 27 November, 2018 18:23
All fixtures

There seem to be some missing on the official site.

Somerset LaLaLa 27 November, 2018 20:11
Radlett and somewhere called Old Deer Park has come up on the radar, is that in Surrey?

Bobstan 27 November, 2018 21:00
Isn't that where London Welsh used to play at Richmond in the days when LW was the best club side in Britain and probably the world?

John Dawes, Gerald Davies, Mervyn Davies, JPR, Geoff Evans. Rather useful players they had.

cricketharris 28 November, 2018 11:13
Sad, especially for the players, that there is no game for us at Lord’s again next season (until the 50-over final of course). Plenty of 50 and 20 over games there but not us.

Phantom 28 November, 2018 13:04
Quote:
Somerset LaLaLa
Radlett and somewhere called Old Deer Park has come up on the radar, is that in Surrey?

Old Deer Park is in Richmond, as above it is also now the home again to London Welsh RFC

JuliaW 28 November, 2018 14:27
It is awful that there is so little cricket at weekends. I'm lucky as being self employed I can be more flexible about time off but I doubt I would buy membership if that was not the case as I would not be able to see enough games to make it worthwhile.

I'm heading off to Guildford, and then onwards to Canterbury, next summer for the back to back away FC games, hopefully the Guildford game will be less one sided than the game this season!

mikeindex 28 November, 2018 16:01
As I'm fortunate enough to be able to work anywhere I can fit a laptop in front of me I will again be using the Atkinson Pavilion as my summer office, but I fully sympathise with those in office jobs who are discriminated against by this ludicrous planning.

Possibly, having restricted championship audiences as far as possible to the retired, the ECB are planning a demographic study which will enable them to say "you see, only old fogies like the CC".

Hants01 29 November, 2018 21:53
It is surely welcome that county cricket will be seen on the Isle of Wight, York, Welbeck, Newport (Wales), etc., would it not be in Somerset's interests to return to its outgrounds?

On the fixture. What a dog's dinner. Were I the sponsors of the 50overs competition I wouldn't be happy with the competition in future to be played with weakened sides and now the final will be played before we are out of May! It feels as if: 'let's get this out of the way'.

The fixtures look kind to Somerset. Kent, without Billings, followed by Notts with a plethora of signings- play them before they settle as a side after their hoovering up of Div 2 talent?

I think I may come up to Taunton for the June 30 fixture: Hampshire's visit.

barndoorio 30 November, 2018 12:51
As an incredibly irregular poster, I felt motivated enough to pop in and add a +1 for the 'probably not going to get a membership this year' based on first review of the schedule. I think it would be about £40-50 a day of cricket for me due to the lack of weekend games in particular.

I hope that Somerset made protestations about this self defeating schedule clear.

Grockle 30 November, 2018 14:11
What with the lack of weekends and the "winter" aspect to a lot of the cricket I can certainly understand people voting with their feet.

If you don't provide consumers with what they want why should they subscribe to your service?

I miss the World Cup (I can live without that) and am in country from the end of June to the end of August. There is cricket but I can't say it is a selection. I think I get one four day game and a whole bunch or T20. I see no one day - I think the final has been played and the whole thing is over before I set foot on UK soil.

Who IS this fixture list for? It seems to smack of being like the Football Association working its fixture list out to cater for the cricket watching audience and those who like 5 a side.

That would never happen of course!!

(Sm72)

Phantom 04 December, 2018 10:20
Have Somerset confirmed what start times they are looking to have for the T20 this season?
I was wondering how late the floodlit games would start

hantssabre 04 December, 2018 11:13
The Hampshire games usually start at 7pm but if the match is on TV it is usually an earlier start time of 6.30/6.45 but Somerset may be different!

nelliec 04 December, 2018 13:47
All at 6.30 pm except the one Sunday game,however sky might alter these to suit!

wsm fan 04 December, 2018 15:00
Website fixture list suggests 7pm starts.
So people wont be leaving the ground much before 10pm on a last over finish.
For those with any sort of travelling to do it's a late night to bed.
Guess this will help change the type of attendees which will surely encourage more Friday night drinkers as a prelude to a night on the town.
Whilst surely scaring off plenty of more elderly supporters who dont want to be sat out watching cricket beyond 9.30pm and then travelling home in the dark.

Changing times.....

Grockle 04 December, 2018 18:50
It's just a case if 'who spends more' nowadays I an afraid.

(Sm72)

Bagpuss 04 December, 2018 23:27
What's the public transport situation like at that time of night? There might not be as much Friday night drinking if people have to drive home.

Scrumper 04 December, 2018 23:41
Last train north is 22:45.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/bigvicar/rain_zpsncbqqyzz.png

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net