Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be in about.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Unbeaten Sussex Hove to
Discussion started by cricketjerry-mouse , 23 April, 2019 13:58
Unbeaten Sussex Hove to
cricketjerry-mouse 23 April, 2019 13:58
Somerset keep the same 13-strong squad for tomorrow`s 50 over match-up with Sussex at Hove.
George Bartlett and Jack Brooks are added to the team that squeezed home by two runs at Cardiff on Sunday.

Sussex, like Somerset unbeaten in the competition so far, make one change, bringing back South African Test batsman Stiaan van Zyl in place of Michael Burgess. They are without seamer Ollie Robinson, the country`s second leading wicket-taker in the championship last summer, who has a shoulder injury.

Squad: Brown (c), Beer, Briggs, Evans, Finch, Garton, Hamza, Jordan, Sakande, Salt, van Zyl, Wiese, Wright.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/04/2019 16:36 by Grockle.

Re: Unbeaten Sussex Hove to
Somerset LaLaLa 23 April, 2019 14:09
Posted this at the same time!

Phil Salt, Harry Finch and Luke Wright are their batsmen on form in the competition, Mir Hamza and George Garton the top wicket takers with Danny Briggs and Will Beer having the best economy rates.

Both sides unbeaten...

wsm fan 23 April, 2019 21:01
5.30am alarm set.
Every confidence in a 3rd win from 3.

In even better news a full 10 overs (with 2 wkts) in from Jamie today in the 2s. Fit, fast & ready for selection now 👍

Expecting Brooks in for Timmy G tomorrow as the only change.

Should be 2 strong attacks on show tomorrow with Garton Hamza Jordan Wiese Briggs Beer.
2 left arm quicks, 2 right arm quicks, a leggie & left arm spinner. Pretty well rounded attack.....

Mike TA1 23 April, 2019 21:28
I also would have like to have seen Jack Leach in for Dom Bess, you must play your strongest team.

Scrumper 23 April, 2019 22:26
Bess and Groenewald/Brooks should miss out. Unless the squad changes (which quite often happens).

Rod1883 24 April, 2019 06:17
I'll be there for my first 'live' Somerset game for a while.

Also looking forward to meeting up with Farmer to purchase a copy of his excellent book.
Rod

Edit - the weather forecast is looking a bit showery/light rain throughout the day. Hope it doesn't spoil it as a contest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/04/2019 06:22 by Rod1883.

AGod 24 April, 2019 06:47
Another explosive looking knock from Eddie B for the seconds yesterday.

Highly unconvinced about Azhar as a white ball opener.

For tomorrow, I'd sooner see Peter opening, and George at three.

It seems Eddie not in squad, but I'd like to see him get a go, up top, with Banton soon, giving us that LHB/RHB combo.

There'd be enough experience without Ali still in the XI with Peter, James, Roelof and Tim, IMO.

cricketharris 24 April, 2019 06:49
Yes, Jack should play.

AGod 24 April, 2019 06:54
I don't think he's in the squad? But Mr Bess, if he is to play tomorrow, will surely need to make an impact soon, if he is to hold off Mr Leach. That's unless we've taken some sort of pre-determined decision that we really must hold onto Dom and that, therefore, we're going to give him an extended run in white ball, given that we often can't find him a place in the red ball stuff.

AGod 24 April, 2019 07:06
I think the general synoposis for the country, today, is thundery showers, as colder air moves in after the lovely Easter.

cricketharris 24 April, 2019 09:02
Yes, he is, AG.

Mike TA1 24 April, 2019 09:03
Stats so far - [stats.espncricinfo.com]

After only two matches it is too soon to make any rash decisions, it pays to keep a mind on how players are doing when selecting the team.

btry1 24 April, 2019 09:36
tom loses the toss
batting
bartlett for bess

Roger ivanhoe 24 April, 2019 09:37
Azhar Ali
Tom Banton(wk)
Peter Trego
James Hildreth
Tom Abell(c)
George Bartlett
Lewis Gregory
Roelof van der Merwe
Craig Overton
Tim Groenewald
Josh Davey

Grockle 24 April, 2019 09:43
I'm not sure Ali has made a confident enough start at opener to still be doing it, especially against one of the stronger sides on our side of this competition.

I might have brought in another batsman but probably not at the expense of a spinner.

BIG game this one

(Sm72)

Phantom 24 April, 2019 09:44
Had to laugh at the video of the team coach getting stuck in the street in Hove
Many of the squad getting off to look at the car but no idea how to move it
An un-named player even picking up the cars windscreen wiper as if it would help

There was me thinking it was footballers that were not the brightest sportsmen !

Roger ivanhoe 24 April, 2019 09:51
Live stream available via Sussex site, you need to be registered and pay a small fee.
Seems to be a one off fee of £3.99 which I paid last last year and still valid.

Roger ivanhoe 24 April, 2019 09:53
Does the guy on commentary know he is live while having a conversation with someone else.

Phrench Phil 24 April, 2019 09:54
Thanks for mentioning the video, Phantom.
Some pretty fine driving to reverse the coach such a long way back down the road.

cricketjerry-mouse 24 April, 2019 10:24
Luke Wright, who took the T20 semi-final away from Somerset with 92 at Edgbaston last summer,is out of the Sussex side with a stomach upset.

Tom Seymour 24 April, 2019 10:27
Opponents Sussex, batting first and the weather could prove to be a bit of a banana skin for us, which would be a shame because we will then lose our momentum.

As he doesn't bowl (or does he in this) I am a bit surprised at the selection of Trego. Forget the past, it is what he can do now that is relevant.

Maybe my saying that will entice him to go out and score big.

A glass half - empty or a glass half - full?
Regardless, both glasses need filling up.

Phrench Phil 24 April, 2019 10:32
Well, we shall find out now TS, as Tom Banton has just been bowled.

As, indeed (caught) has Peter Trego.

30/2 - batting not looking easy, although Azhar Ali seems to be coping well. Perhaps today is his turn to contribute with the bat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/04/2019 10:37 by Phrench Phil.

AGod 24 April, 2019 10:33
Yes, Tom, Peter will have studied your comments closely and be suitable enrgaged, I'm sure..

Grockle 24 April, 2019 11:17
Hopefully me dissing Azhar could have an effect. But probably posting this might do the opposite.

(Sm72)

mikeindex 24 April, 2019 11:27
Quote:
Roger ivanhoe
Live stream available via Sussex site, you need to be registered and pay a small fee.
Seems to be a one off fee of £3.99 which I paid last last year and still valid.
All I had to do was register - no fee required.
However you do only get the commentary from one end, which is curious.

btry1 24 April, 2019 11:33
azhar 50
well batted

RadstockRob 24 April, 2019 11:39
They are working on it Mike with not much success!

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

Phrench Phil 24 April, 2019 11:46
I have registered Mike, but keep getting blocked - there is a sticker in the top right hand corner saying that subscription is required.
Have I overlooked something?

Streeter 24 April, 2019 11:55
Have you signed in Phil ?

mikeindex 24 April, 2019 11:56
No idea Phil - I had that when I first tried and it went away when I registered. This is the full extent of my technical knowledge.
Good to see George in the side, though I'd have picked him for Ali - what do I know?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net