Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be in about.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Middlesex at Radlett
Discussion started by cricketjerry-mouse , 30 April, 2019 15:10
Middlesex at Radlett
cricketjerry-mouse 30 April, 2019 15:10
Middlesex have a new captain, batsman Stephen Eskinazi, for the Royal London Cup match against Somerset at Radlett tomorrow. Four of their players - Eoin Morgan, Paul Stirling, Tim Murtagh and Dawid Malan - are in Dublin for Friday`s Ireland/England ODI.

Steven Finn will be out injured for at least another month, but James Harris, who was `borrowed` by Kent for the one-dayer with Pakistan last Friday (1-87 and a first ball duck), returns to the fold.

Squad: Eskinazi (c), Bamber, Gubbins, Harris, Helm, Holden, Rayner, Robson, Roland-Jones, Scott, Simpson, Sowter and Taylor.

Radlett should have happy memories for Tom Banton, who scored 150 for the Seconds there earlier this month,in a nine-wicket defeat of a Middlesex Second XI including eight players on parade for them tomorrow.

Same Somerset 13-man squad that has been on duty since the first RL Cup match.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2019 17:12 by Grockle.

Re: Middlesex at Radlett
Somerset LaLaLa 30 April, 2019 15:39
Rain expected, so are we wanting to bat first and hit big?

Bobstan 30 April, 2019 22:14
The BBC don't forecast any rain as far as I can see.

Scrumper 01 May, 2019 00:47
Seeing is believing.

Bobstan 01 May, 2019 07:37
Far more significantly the Norwegian Meteorological Office forecasts no rain and they are far more reliable at forecasting Hertfordshire weather than the BBC is.

Honest.

Nailsea_Fizz 01 May, 2019 12:18
Going well then?

Monkey Butler 01 May, 2019 12:18
Wrong selection again? Dom for Tim would have been my call.

AGod 01 May, 2019 12:24
The obvious question is whether the decision to bowl Azhar Ali - and the fact that he's picked up a wicket, does rather imply that Tom already feels that we got our team selection wrong. I can't imagine Azhar has bowled in very many short form games, nor do I imagine that he will go on to do so for us for the rest of this season.... so one imagines there must have been fairly strong grounds for bowling him?

btry1 01 May, 2019 12:37
he has our only wicket
and is bowling averagely well

Grockle 01 May, 2019 12:54
It was more a batsman holing out than Azhar getting a wicket. Craig has a second but the batsmen need to hold their form in this one I imagine. Good to see a live stream at an outer ground.

(Sm72)

mikeindex 01 May, 2019 13:07
Gubbins. Again.

Old Boy! 01 May, 2019 13:19
After seeing TG bowl the 49th over in the last game, and IMO it was rank poor bowling rather than good batting - our most experienced bowler throwing 3 wides and it could have been four(outside the off stump) makes me believe that as he was picked ahead again rather than any of our other bowlers on the sidelines, he must have something on the selectors, The only other explanation is that he was ordered to bowl wide outside the off stump by the captain. Jason (picks the team?) must see something which nobody else can. A guy of TG's experience panicking and losing his nerve - rules him out of my teams for the next few matches until he can sort himself out.
Old Boy!

Grockle 01 May, 2019 13:54
Tim is struggling in this game as well a little. Might have given the nod to Dom myself as it doesn't alter the batting line-up all that much.

(Sm72)

nelliec 01 May, 2019 13:58
Why did Tim bowl 9 overs.The others 3 main bowlers will have 5 left between them!!!

btry1 01 May, 2019 14:12
big chase coming up
365 needed at 7.3 runs per over

Loyal of Lhasa 01 May, 2019 14:57
I'd just like to mention how welcome it is to listen to Kevin Hand after that execrable performance by Bob Hunt on Sunday. Nice to have the professionals in charge again.

LoL

Seventy-one Seasons a Somerset Supporter

geordie moonraker 01 May, 2019 14:57
On the assumption (which may be wrong) that Radlett is a decent wicket and the boundaries are not enormous I was expecting a total of 350ish. Not far adrift in that case.

Scrumper 01 May, 2019 16:03
Live feed keeps jumping into random YouTube videos 😡 what am I doing wrong?

rodders 01 May, 2019 16:04
Bit of a reality check today by the look of the scoreboard at 16.00 ! Hope I am proved wrong but home semi fading into the distance? Too many batsmen getting one big score and all the rest not much - selection / changes need thinking about ?

Somerset LaLaLa 01 May, 2019 16:28
I believe we need another win from these last games, not looking at Hants for any favours and leaving it to the last fixture against Surrey (who have nothing to lose) will put our qualification in the balance

rodders 01 May, 2019 16:56
Very poor batting really on a pitch where the opposition have scored over 350 - I know we can't win them all but we could at least lose more decently - definitely changes needed now !!

Grockle 01 May, 2019 18:00
Must be Somerset Reverse psychology. Rather than play badly and then scrape in as the last qualifier on the last game of the group stage as we usually do we seem to be doing it the other way around. Play impressively and hit form then lose it and let it all come down to the last game once again before anyone is certain whether we are going through or not.

This was a poor performance. Either the batting failed or the bowling gave far too much away (or both). It's pretty much the way we go... One big score, one big wicket haul, one big tail end performance. What is the word... consistency or something like it.

(Sm72)

Shepton Paul 2 01 May, 2019 18:08
Not a lot of 'consistency' on show by any of the counties so far this season - even Notts bowled out for 120 today and thrashed by Worcs. We've been more 'consistent' than most.

Grizzzly 01 May, 2019 18:09
Changes likely for the Hants game methinks.

Grizzzly

wsm fan 01 May, 2019 18:14
If only we had a 90mph wicket taking bowler fit fresh & raring to go.
On pitches like today if you dont take early wickets you need something different in those middle overs to make things happen.
On nibbly pitches in April the 4 we have played in all 6 games worked to begin with but as at Cardiff & obviously today we lacked that pace option when things went flat.

Jamie has done all that has been asked.
10 overs Monday 3-35
8 overs today 1-26 (with 2 drops) and top scored with 68 in a 1 wicket win!

Loyal of Lhasa 01 May, 2019 19:23
Before we all get too gloomy we are still second in the table and have the best net run rate.

LoL

Seventy-one Seasons a Somerset Supporter

wsm fan 01 May, 2019 20:00
4 wins from 6 having played all.our away games. Who wouldn't have taken that 2 weeks ago.
Best run rate worth a lot too.
Roll on Sunday.....

AGod 01 May, 2019 20:14
Very badly beaten with a couple of our habitual bete noires, Messrs Gubbins and Simpson both scoring very quickly against us. Gubbins virtually owns us.

AGod 01 May, 2019 20:22
I didn't see any of bit, but Gubbins is very strong off the back foot.. did we bowl too short at him?

Grockle 01 May, 2019 21:48
Not feeling gloomy at all. We've been in significantly worse positions by this time in the season before. It's bettet to have played and glitched than to have been rubbish and struggling to find form.

(Sm72)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net