Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 26TH season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be this long after the planned start date.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Poll: June Player of the Month Good Luck!!
RadstockRob 04 July, 2019 21:25
Yes it was Mike!

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

Grockle 04 July, 2019 22:35
SEE!!

I need to wait for the jet lag to go away!!

Forget the reference to 50 overs and any of the 50 over player options!!

It's Guildford to Chelmsford and that's yer lot.

(Sm72)

AGod 05 July, 2019 09:02
How fantastic is it to have four guys in serious contention (and for the right reasons)!? When’s the last time that happened?

Grizzers 05 July, 2019 15:54
Agreed.

Nor should we overlook the value of Tom A's motivational and Captaincy skills, which have been huge contributors to our success to date this year.

Grizzzly

AGod 06 July, 2019 10:39
I think it was agreed that, in the event of a conventional tie (2 people), we'd vote again between those two people?

Not sure what we'll do with a four-way tie in which *only* those four people got votes!!?

Grockle 06 July, 2019 11:32
Yep that is the usual process. Don't do it all that often.

(Sm72)

Somerset LaLaLa 06 July, 2019 14:51
Maybe the progress of the voting should not be revealed till the end?

Grockle 06 July, 2019 17:40
Nothing to do with me I am afraid.

(Sm72)

Grockle 08 July, 2019 11:31
It is very close and I may have to offer a second ballot - however the second tier are only one vote behind the first tier so if people have not yet expressed their preference please do so and we'll see if we can put some distance between the four and pick out two clear favourites.

(Sm72)

Loyal of Lhasa 08 July, 2019 11:58
We need a nationa-level referendum! (Haven't had one for a while)

LoL

Seventy-two Seasons a Somerset Supporter

AGod 08 July, 2019 12:03
What a superb idea. As good as the original idea of having one!

Grockle 08 July, 2019 12:05
But surely a second vote would destroy democracy as we know it?

(Sm72)

AGod 08 July, 2019 12:07
The world would surely spin off its axis, never to be seen again.

Grockle 08 July, 2019 12:09
Especially if the second result was different to the first result which was the one I particularly wanted!!

All the more reason for a gap to be produced in the first place.

(Sm72)

Loyal of Lhasa 08 July, 2019 12:27
Let's ask Macron and Merkel to adjudicate.

LoL

Seventy-two Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Mike TA1 08 July, 2019 21:47
If you have a second vote I will never vote again. smiling smiley

AGod 08 July, 2019 22:06
Hahahahahaha

AGod 08 July, 2019 22:08
A 4 way tie with only those 4 players receiving any votes has now been averted .... so, in the event of a 4-way tie, we can ask the two that voted for James/Tom A to vote again!

Nailsea_Fizz 08 July, 2019 23:27
Unless someone changes their vote before the deadline

Scrumper 08 July, 2019 23:43
You can't walk in the polling station at 9:59pm and say "I'm so sorry, I've changed my mind". If this was the Brexit vote again I'd be in and out every 10 minutes.

Bagpuss 09 July, 2019 07:51
Wonder if three years hence this thread will still be top of the page, we will still be arguing the result, and Grockle will be announcing another extension to the 'deadline'..

Grockle 09 July, 2019 11:24
Especially if the people involved in the vote keep coming up with other options that have little chance of being agreed by the majority of the voters!!

Since I suggested getting the ducks in order 2 other 'ducks' have appeared in the frame - though a considerable way behind.

Think I'll give it until the end of this Notts game and then decide.

(Sm72)

RadstockRob 10 July, 2019 02:34
I'm with Mije on this one.

Surely the most democratic way to go is to have a vote for a second vote or not?

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

mikeindex 10 July, 2019 09:33
While I have no wish to interfere with my fellow-Grockles' right to vote however they please, I am a little surprised to see Tom Banton heading the list when his notable performances have been in the one-day cup before the period covered by the vote, and in the championship vs Hants after it finished.

AGod 10 July, 2019 10:36
Mikeindex - don't forget Kent.

Runs worth at least double, I would argue.

(Personally, I voted for Jamie, but just pointing out that there is a CC reason to vote for Tom B..... it's also the case that Grockle's post originally included the Lord's Final so there might have been some who voted then, I admit).

Bobstan 10 July, 2019 11:08
Don't forget folk can cancel their vote and change to an alternative player should they wish to.

mikeindex 10 July, 2019 11:45
On reflection, AGod, I quite agree.

Grockle 12 July, 2019 22:43
We have a clear winner for the June Player of the Month

It is

TOM BANTON

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/07/2019 11:27 by Grockle.

Shepton Paul 2 13 July, 2019 09:23
Warm congratulations to Tom - though I can't work out for the life of me why he's won!

Nerd that I am, I always go back through the relevant scorecards for each of these polls before I vote. For me, and I wholly appreciate everyone sees it differently, the vote was a toss-up between Gregory and Cove, with honourable mentions for Jove and Hikdreth. JH ends up with one vote, Cove none at all, and Tom wins. As Trueman used to say, I don't know what's going off out there.

AGod 13 July, 2019 09:55
But does your system have any kind of weighting at all?

Or, to put it another way, how many runs were those 63 runs that Tom B made at Canterbury on a near-impossible batting track really worth?

The next best score in the whole match was 37. And there were 5 other scores of between 20-37 in the match.

Obviously, LG took a hatful in that match, but the dice were loaded in his favour and hugely against Banton.

Looking at Guildford, Cove and Bartlett were the strongest performers.

Few performed well at Chelmsford, but I thought Jamie was by far the best of them.

I voted for Jamie as I thought he bowled consistently well in those three games, albeit maybe didn't get as many wickets as in the two more recent ones that were outside the scope of that poll.

Re: Banton, as well as the 63 worth double at Canterbury, there was a 44 or so in a long and important - innings and game-changing partnership with George, at Guildford.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/07/2019 09:56 by AGod.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net