Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be in about.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: The final 50 over Final at Lords
Somerset LaLaLa 25 May, 2019 07:19
Morning everyone. Anything happening today? Cloudy here in London

Bobstan 25 May, 2019 07:30
Apparently there's some cricket match happening at Thomas's ground. Could be worth going, I suppose.

Shepton Paul 2 25 May, 2019 07:52
In that case, I'll pop over... Living just outside Reading, and five minutes walk from the station, I had no need for an early start - just enjoying a coffee before the 9.19 train into Paddington. See (some of) you in the Edrich Upper, those at home (or Bermuda) I hope you have an equally enjoyable day.

Hants01: I share some of your annoyance that Hants are shorn stupidly of some of their best players, but am sure it'll be a good game nevertheless - wish I had your certainty of the result though.

cricketharris 25 May, 2019 08:22
And as for radio commentary Radio 5 have a World Cup warm-up game of England and Australia and Talksport, a womans football international and then Newport County v Tranmere Rovers! Radio Somerset have no coverage. No mention at all about our cup final on the news. Cricket, including the World Cup, is being ignored by the main media. They must be keeping powder dry for the 100.

Hants01 25 May, 2019 08:54
Somerset are not odds-on with most or all bookmakers- which they never were when Hants won their s/final. This reflects Hants being shorn of key players today. Somerset were trounced in their own backyard when Hants played without Vince, but now we have no Dawson and no overseas player, as well as no Vince. You need your big players for big games. It is a measure of Hants' trophy-winning in recent years, that we lose two players to the World Cup squad. Somerset, not a single one.

Tumbles 25 May, 2019 09:37
Could Sky be less interested in this? More bothered with a warm up ODI

hantssabre 25 May, 2019 09:40
Both are on Sky on different channels so not sure what the problem is?

Grockle 25 May, 2019 09:46
I switch the TV on and the first comment from Butcher is 'the nearly men'. Oh dear.

Pete Trego very special dealing with the SKY guys. Now the 'Tatooed Tonker'.

Patronising sods. 'How good can Craig Overton still be?' ('he had a "go" with England' did he?). I do hope we make them chew their flaming words

I predict they will follow Hants01's argument should that happen. We'll be 'predictable chokers' if we lose and lucky not to face Vince if we win....... yawn.

Unchanged.

(Sm72)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2019 09:50 by Grockle.

Tumbles 25 May, 2019 09:47
Oh and now talking about England. Shameful.

Tumbles 25 May, 2019 09:48
Quote:
hantssabre
Both are on Sky on different channels so not sure what the problem is?

Then talk about England on the OTHER channel not on the build up to the RLC

Tumbles 25 May, 2019 09:52
This is just laughable now

hantssabre 25 May, 2019 09:55
Unfortunately the Sky commentators left to cover the RLC aren’t on the commentator panel for the WC so probably think they have to get their two pennyworth in about the WC too!

Bagpuss 25 May, 2019 09:56
Quote:
Grizzzly

Where are you based Bagpuss ? I set off from just outside Cullompton at 4.45 a.m..

Left home at 5.55 to get the 0619 from Honiton to Waterloo. Good turnout in the train from Somerset supporters (it was standing room only by the time we crossed the border into Hampshire!). But from Waterloo to Lord's goes past Somerset House. An omen?

Nailsea_Fizz 25 May, 2019 09:56
Quote:
Hants01
Somerset are not odds-on with most or all bookmakers- which they never were when Hants won their s/final. This reflects Hants being shorn of key players today. Somerset were trounced in their own backyard when Hants played without Vince, but now we have no Dawson and no overseas player, as well as no Vince. You need your big players for big games. It is a measure of Hants' trophy-winning in recent years, that we lose two players to the World Cup squad. Somerset, not a single one.

Boo boo to the troll

Tumbles 25 May, 2019 09:56
Just seems hugely disrespectful to Hants, Somerset and the Royal London. Mind you as someone says they’re probably lining up for the 100

hantssabre 25 May, 2019 10:02
Hampshire have a long tail so need to get early wickets

Somerset LaLaLa 25 May, 2019 10:12
Yesss from the Grandstand

AGod 25 May, 2019 10:13
Got one. Although I think the statement should rather be that it would be advantageous to get early wickets, rather than that we must do... if they had a strong lower-order then getting at them early might be in the ‘must do,’ category.

AGod 25 May, 2019 10:13
Absurd, if true, that no commentary on BBC Somerset.

hantssabre 25 May, 2019 10:29
That was a fortunate second chance for Hildreth!

Annunziata 25 May, 2019 10:37
The place is less than half full,oh for those Lords finals of years gone by.They are virtually giving tickets away outside,very sad.

Re: 'The Nearly Men' Lord's Final
Grockle 25 May, 2019 11:06
A beautiful spell by Davey, good opening from Cove, Excellent opening over from Lewis and the partnership to break at the crease.

Hants01 - if you are bitter about the ICC's work on your side then we agree with you but stay away if you want to come here and vent your frustration on the side you are playing as if we are pretenders to your supposed throne.

WE are at this final on MERIT. Lord's is NOT Taunton and we deserve to be there playing your side. The win you had was LAST year... not last week. You want it? Come and take it, you don't get it by right of playing in Southampton, having players who might get an england spot and winning it in 2018.

Wnat to win it? THEN EARN IT. Put up or please, please, please, shut up.

(Sm72)

AGod 25 May, 2019 11:10
Yes, Grockle, this very much the tandem to separate.

mikeindex 25 May, 2019 11:17
Quote:
Clarence Parker
It seems an eternity since I first went to Lord's for a one - day Final in 1967; wish I could still do it but I will be seated around the TV nevertheless.
I too was at the 1967 final, with my Dad - according to several schoolmates I appeared on TV in a crowd shot. I also attended the 1978 final, after which I decided they were probably better off without my support in person on these occasions.
In fact I claim double credit for the 1979 win, as not only did I stay away from Lord's but commented to Keith Jennings in Wivey Rugby club house in March or so, "You're going to have to win one this year Keith", to which he replied "You're right there mate". I'm sure it helped.

AGod 25 May, 2019 11:19
Huge wicket as RR chops Jamie on.

Second chop on already. Makes me wonder, a little, if possibility of track being a little two-paced.

Grockle 25 May, 2019 11:26
They are commenting on Jamie bowling at speeds between 80 and 89 miles an hour - he can vary pace well but that is a big difference. Makes it hard for batsmen.

(Sm72)

mikeindex 25 May, 2019 11:33
Hants01, I and I'm sure all contributors here sympathise with your frustration at the final's poor timing and the ICC's ludicrous ruling. We would all rather see both teams at full strength and a cup final worthy of the name, rather than the alternatives of (from a Somerset viewpoint) a tarnished victory or an embarrassing defeat (either of which is most certainly the way the media will present it).

However your gratuitous attacks on the Somerset team, who are not responsible for the ICC ruling, are misplaced in any context, and really rather foolhardy here.

Somerset LaLaLa 25 May, 2019 11:39
Bowler speed on scoreboard every ball eg Jamie 85.6 mph

Grockle 25 May, 2019 11:48
As I mentioned on the report, Bumble is reporting that Jamie 'had' some pace. Seems he doesn't have now?

(Sm72)

AGod 25 May, 2019 11:53
83.5 quite a lot, at the mo

Sorry, popped out and twins have been switched. Ignore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2019 11:55 by AGod.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net