Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket after Notts at Taunton will be in

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: 'The Nearly Men' Lord's Final
Somerset LaLaLa 25 May, 2019 16:05
Mexican wave hasn't quite got here

mikeindex 25 May, 2019 16:08
@SP Vic 's in the Radio5 commentary box - just happened to mention his MoM in the 83 final!

hantssabre 25 May, 2019 16:08
More of a Mexican Ripple perhaps!

mikeindex 25 May, 2019 16:19
That's like a Raspberry Ripple, but with added chili.

hantssabre 25 May, 2019 16:31
2 quick wickets, just need to knock it around fora few overs. No need to panic

Hayseed 25 May, 2019 16:38
Sorry, went for a cider. Banton got his fifty, so I'll start one if Agod joins in

Flyboy 25 May, 2019 16:41
Very admirable Hayseed

AGod 25 May, 2019 17:12
Sad to see Peter go.

hantssabre 25 May, 2019 17:14
Me too. Thought these two were going to see it through. Maybe the Captain can hit the winning runs

Shepton Paul 2 25 May, 2019 17:20
Nursery end bars run out of cider. I blame the ECB.

rodders 25 May, 2019 17:22
Should really be a walk in the park from here - if not then we do not deserve it !

mikeindex 25 May, 2019 17:22
Quote:
AGod
I should rather like to see Peter Trego get most of our target, as this may well be his last Lord’s Final.
Isn't it everyone's?
(Unless some of our lads are in the England team next time we host the World Cup?)

mikeindex 25 May, 2019 17:24
Quote:
Shepton Paul 2
Nursery end bars run out of cider. I blame the ECB.

I'd congratulate the Somerset supporters.

mikeindex 25 May, 2019 17:27
"They'll be dancing in the streets of Taunton and Tiverton..."
Clearly the commentator is aware of the Devon contingent in the Somerset team and our neighbours' cause for celebration on their account.
Or, less probably, he is ignorant of West Country geography.

Nailsea_Fizz 25 May, 2019 17:31
Not over yet boys.

hantssabre 25 May, 2019 17:32
At least they’ve found Tractor though!

Somerset LaLaLa 25 May, 2019 17:34
Black t-shirt on the big screen

Somerset LaLaLa 25 May, 2019 17:44
Some Hampshire supporters going home ..

hantssabre 25 May, 2019 18:02
Where be that blackbird to ........

Tumbles 25 May, 2019 18:04
That do me babbers

AGod 25 May, 2019 18:08
No, Hants fan, given that Vince isn’t Barry Richards or Gordon Greenidge or Robin Smith, he wouldn’t have reversed the outcome of such a one-sided game.

And, although you didn’t have an official overseas, your did have no fewer than THREE Kolpaks in your team so can’t complain too much about that.

Somerset LaLaLa 25 May, 2019 18:18
Jamie MoM

Hants01 25 May, 2019 18:24
I don't feel Somerset beat Hants today. The ECB did. A major final and the grotesque scheduling of this final has robbed Hants of key players. Look at the contributions of Dawson and Vince in the group stage. Hants were the outstanding side hitherto in the competition and judges like Nasser Hussain (see this month's The Cricketer thought so). Somerset should give their prizemoney to the ECB- they have made it easy for them. I am proud of the Hants effort, performing with one hand tied behind our back today. We rarely lose a final and our record of trophy winning is fantastic in recent years; today is very disappointing, but entirely predictable, given the ECB's scheduling. What has Vince been doing today? Making decent runs against Australia at Southampton. Somerset's old hands and imports- with a helping hand from overseas- have got them home for a rare final win. Congratulations ECB.

hantssabre 25 May, 2019 18:29
England lost too even with Vince & Dawson!

Flyboy 25 May, 2019 18:32
Hants01 I didn't get past the first line of your post, that's pretty pathetic from you. For shame

AGod 25 May, 2019 18:33
Utter garbage, Hants fan. Ridiculous to criticise our imports when you have no fewer than three Kolpaks.

James Vince is a marginal, at best, international player. Marginal international players are incapable of reversing overwhelming defeats.

Somerset LaLaLa 25 May, 2019 18:34
Celebrations on the pitch in front Mound Stand

AGod 25 May, 2019 18:37
WSM - great day for you! Excellent from Jamie and Josh (who was, shamefully, not mentioned in the Sky MoM summing Up).

For Guildford, I say Lewis to rest even if technically fit. Play two Overtons (cancel Jamie’s loan), plus TG and Tom as 4th seamer (should value himself more). Replace Gregory with Tom Banton and bar him middle order with license to attack. Drop Trescothick for Byrom. Bat Tom A at 3, get Hildreth back to 4;

Byrom
Azhar
Tom A
Janes
George
Tom B
Davies
Craig O
Timmy G
Jamie
The GREAT Matthew Jack Leach.

hantssabre 25 May, 2019 18:38
Take a leaf from Sam Northeast Hants01. He didn’t blame the loss of your England players and was very dignified in defeat!

Sloop John B 25 May, 2019 18:41
Well said HantsSabre. Can't stand a bad loser.
Many congrats to Tom et Al. A very well deserved victory from a special team.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net