Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be in about.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: The Hundred
AGod 25 May, 2019 10:57
What’s happened to the match thread ? Suddenly not accessible - am getting ‘could not be found,’ message.

Anyway, I’d think this Northeast and Roussow Tandem might be ‘the game,’ as they say

Grockle 25 May, 2019 11:10
The One day thread?

I've got it on both my laptop and mobile

(Sm72)

AGod 25 May, 2019 11:20
Thanks, yes, back working again for me now. Evidently a temporary blip. Never had that happen before.

mikeindex 25 May, 2019 11:35
I found that too, briefly - possibly due to the retitling of the thread.

Grockle 25 May, 2019 11:40
Yeah I merged the threads to put the report on as I'm updating as we go. Not Farmer in my wordage but let me know if the mobile version starts to slow down because I understand it is a different thread base.

(Sm72)

Grizzers 28 May, 2019 23:40
And so it begins.........

[www.standard.co.uk]

Grizzzly

Scrumper 28 May, 2019 23:59
Lady's and gentleman, it's showtime, the battle for the capital, the London Spirits vs the London Rakers.

Grockle 29 May, 2019 02:25
Obviously 'London Waste of Time' was already taken.

(Sm72)

AGod 29 May, 2019 05:50
I’m surprised they didn’t go with ‘Pride,’ (sponsored by Fuller’s, of course)

We all know what comes after pride.

Somerset LaLaLa 29 May, 2019 09:16
And after Fall is winter. The Hundred will fall by next winter

Grockle 29 May, 2019 09:30
We were having a twitter conversation on whether they would move to London SPRITE if Coca Cola offered enough moneu.

Of course the other franchise could go for the Oval OREOS with the right amount if sponsorship.

Interesting that they went for 'Spirit' on the day of Brierley's 'Spirit of Cricket' lecture. Ho hum

(Sm72)

Bagpuss 29 May, 2019 09:40
Someone on Twitter suggested that if the MCC/Lord's team was representing a collaboration with Northants they should be the London Cobblers...

JuliaW 29 May, 2019 11:29
Six of the new team names appear to be as shown in this article - HERE

As it says in the article ... 'It is also likely that fans of Somerset and Gloucestershire, who are in partnership with Glamorgan, will not be overly-enamoured that the Cardiff-based team will be called Welsh Fire.'

Indeed.

Nailsea_Fizz 29 May, 2019 13:20
I thought this morning that they might go with "Dragon" .

So much for the inclusivity.

geordie moonraker 29 May, 2019 14:05
As a fan of Somerset I couldn't give a fig what they call it because it has naff all to do do with Somerset.

AGod 29 May, 2019 15:37
Exactly.

Bobstan 30 May, 2019 07:05
I see Virat Kohli has said he doesn't like the 100 idea and that he will have nothing to do with it.

What does he know about cricket?

Bagpuss 30 May, 2019 07:27
Well he knows the BCCI will never give no objection certificates to allow their players to participate in another country's 'superleague' that's for sure.

The Hundred
Following on 30 May, 2019 09:04
At a time when Somerset cricket is basking in the glow of Lord's glory and a lofty place in the championship table this abomination worms its way into the news. It is just not worthy of comment.

Phantom 30 May, 2019 09:32
It's amazing that the ECB are trying to get more interest into these teams, but just looking at these early examples of team names surely alienates a high number of support that were intended to be brought in?

I had zero interest before, but now to be expected to support a side called "Welsh Fire", well that can go where the sun doesn't shine !

Grockle 30 May, 2019 09:40
The 100 has no interest in the South West of the country and I think that seems pretty fine by the residents if that part of the country.

'Trent Rockets' isn't going down all that well in the Midlands either.

Excellent that they chose to push this as the 'global' contest that they want to marginalise in our domestic game gets started with England as the favourites.

More of a joke every day.

(Sm72)

Grizzers 03 June, 2019 09:59
Brief interview with Tom Harrison this morning on the Today programme, at around 2.27 on the link below:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Apparently the Hundred has overwhelming support from the cricketing community !

Notable that he declined to discuss further the names to be given to the franchises and didn't answer the question re causing offence to SW England.

Grizzzly

Grockle 03 June, 2019 12:22
So Harrison must not have s twitter account then or only has his "overwhelming supporters' on it.

The ONLY people I have seen give this any support are those in the visual media who have a vested interest and some officials at franchise grounds who can do little else.

He also must not read the print media who are identifying shortfalls in the concept on what seems to be a daily basis.

Then again he isn't going to say anything else is he?

(Sm72)

Grizzers 03 June, 2019 14:02
Yes, methinks the ‘fake news’ department of the ECB is quite busy right now.

Grizzzly

mikeindex 03 June, 2019 20:02
Did my best to link to the Harrison interview, but all that happened was it told me the result of the Eng/Pak game I was planning to watch on C4 later.
I doubt I'd have learned anything helpful anyway.

Loyal of Lhasa 04 June, 2019 12:06
You would indeed have learned nothing from that interview, save that Harrison is a deeply unimpressive man who sounds to be out of his depth.

LoL

Seventy-one Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Grizzers 04 June, 2019 16:36
Aptly put LoL.

Shamefully he has just been awarded a 114K pay rise, to a trifling total of 719K a year !

Grizzzly

Grockle 04 June, 2019 16:38
I'd pay him that to go away.

(Sm72)

Somerset LaLaLa 04 June, 2019 17:07
He's very good at marketing or rather marketing himself.

On the other hand, I know absolutely nothing about marketing. Zero, zilch, nada.

However, it has caught my attention there are a lot of empty seats at Sofia Gardens today in the (rain affected) Afghanistan v Sri Lanka match.

I would suggest the audience there for the Hundred will be low. Obviously someone on 719K a year knows better

cricketjerry-mouse 04 June, 2019 17:50
The ECB will make sure there are no empty seats at Sofia Gardens by following the IPL example and giving away huge numbers of free tickets. Free buses into the ground - another IPL catch penny - may well come into the equation as well.

This is why the budget is so gigantic for a relatively short event (although, of course, it is not an event in the proper sense of the word).

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net