Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be in about.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Blast! Middx v Som T20 Richmond SOLD OUT
Discussion started by Farmer White , 29 July, 2019 12:22
Blast! Middx v Som T20 Richmond SOLD OUT
Farmer White 29 July, 2019 12:22
I did mention this on another thread however I have given it a thread of its own to give it more prominence because:

I bumped into someone at the CACG yesterday who was fully geared up to travel to the match and buy a ticket on the gate as was perfectly possible at Uxbridge last year. For the avoidance of disappointment as they say read this:

[www.middlesexccc.com]

As I understand it: Middlesex members can still gain entry. Otherwise you will need to have already bought your ticket.

Farmer

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2019 08:31 by Grockle.

Re: Middx v Som T20 Richmond SOLD OUT
Loyal of Lhasa 29 July, 2019 19:11
Thanks for the info. This was one T20 match I had thought I might attend but shan't attempt to do so now. I had ssumed that there is not much by way of fixed seating at the ground and that many spectators would have to stand and am therefore surprised that the ground can already be designated as full. It's probably our old friend elf & safety, I suppose.

The option of attending Somerset's match at The Oval is not one I shall consider, given what I recall of the oafish behaviour of the crowd at evening matches on that ground - unless Mr Gould offers me the use of a box (not an abdominal guard).

LoL

Seventy-one Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Re: Middx v Som T20 Richmond SOLD OUT
AGod 29 July, 2019 19:35
I, too, am likely to decline the opportunity to spend the evening in the company of Hooray Henrys, quaffing Champagne (or more likely Prosecco) with their backs to the cricket.

Re: Blast! Middx v Som T20 Richmond SOLD OUT
Bobstan 04 August, 2019 13:40
Why are Middlesex playing a home match in the historic county of Surrey?

I don't do modern administrative areas.

Grockle 04 August, 2019 13:44
The live feed is up on the Match Centre though the audio is awful.

(Sm72)

hantssabre 04 August, 2019 13:49
It sounds like Benny Hill!

Grockle 04 August, 2019 13:53
Not too keen on listening while Jerome goes for another double figure over. Hope he comes back with something better because doubling their score isn't helping his cause.

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 13:53 by Grockle.

Nailsea_Fizz 04 August, 2019 14:31
Usual pattern so far

Nailsea_Fizz 04 August, 2019 14:58
And very much the wrong bowling options again. Pushing our luck to a greater extent this game.

Same guys will need to fire and some

Grockle 04 August, 2019 15:17
Yes. No real change and another 200+ score to chase but without Babar to hold up one end. Big ask for James.

200 is never a foregone conclusion though it is at least a score we have achieved in the past.

Is anyone else getting a lot of buffering from the live feed?

(Sm72)

Grockle 04 August, 2019 15:33
Lose a few wickets and 200 looks a universe away. Hope stays a little longer but it's a long hard pull from here and could be a real slog to get close.

Because you still have to push and there is little time to settle. Eddie and Tom gone 130 needed and 4 down. We have to give the bats less of a job to do even though they've shown they can do it... once.

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 15:36 by Grockle.

Roger ivanhoe 04 August, 2019 15:41
Grockle, re live feed they have apologised for the bad internet connection on stream.

hantssabre 04 August, 2019 15:43
If only our leg spinner was economical and took wickets more regularly

Scrumper 04 August, 2019 15:43
Given up with feed, listening on radio (Sm106)

Grockle 04 August, 2019 16:00
Yes I know about the wifi aspect but to be honest if ours was this poor Ben would have apologised and pulled it. The audio is not a signal issue I don't think. Anyway, thank heavens we have what we have and people who know how to deal with the issues properly.

(Sm72)

Grockle 04 August, 2019 16:01
Can't really say it's causing too much of a problem because this one is nearly over and anything past 15 overs and 150 ought to be seen as a bonus.

(Sm72)

Grizzers 04 August, 2019 16:18
At the risk of stating the obvious, our T20 bowling this season leaves an awful lot to be desired.

Grizzzly

Grockle 04 August, 2019 16:26
Yes. Just because it's possible to win a game at 10 an over does not give the bowling unit carte blanche to allow the oposition to get that. Poor discipline against a very good batting line up. Make them work for it so our guys don't have to.

(Sm72)

Bobstan 04 August, 2019 16:27
Can't disagree with your comment on our bowlers, Grizzzzzzzly. but if you look at the Middlesex batting line-up they have a few rather useful players, and the bowling is not totally shabby either.

Still disappointed though.

AGod 04 August, 2019 16:52
I rest my case viz the Overtons:

A) They must be fit for the rest of the CC

cool smiley They consistently go for 10+ an over so aren’t helping much in T20 (with the ball) anyway.

C) SCCC are *not* going to qualify from this group anyway - not sans LG’s batting and with an unreliable bowling attack. We *must* prioritise.

AGod 04 August, 2019 16:53
As for the result here? How likely was it that we’d be able to contain a batsman of AB’s class on a small ground? Improbable, at best, IMO.

AGod 04 August, 2019 17:09
Might as well get Meeks in. And maybe Brooks/Davey? When he’s finished with England, possibly look at Goldsworthy as an extra spinner?

Roger ivanhoe 04 August, 2019 17:10
Interesting report on the game on ESPN see match report

They also mention the live feed.
[quote][but if you had tried to tune into Middlesex's stream of the game, you would have seen an ominous buffering circle interspersed with a Benny Hill-style sped up version of everything you had missed.quote]

Grockle 04 August, 2019 17:11
Containing AB was not the only issue. He's one player. Contain the rest.

(Sm72)

nelliec 04 August, 2019 17:14
Surpringly with Kent and Sussex winning the group is still wide open for two remaining spots
Bowling wise Taylor is not worth the money at the moment and should be dropped at least,along with at least one of the Overtons. If not both. Time to give Sale ,Davey and Leachy a go.

AGod 04 August, 2019 17:16
Fair, Grockle. Although Dawid Malan and Paul Stirling are both very dangerous in this format too.

On paper, it was always likely that we’d be out-gunned by their power. Doesn’t mean that it’s unavoidable on grass, though, clearly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 17:17 by AGod.

Grockle 04 August, 2019 17:21
As cricinfo says. Saying the Hundred will solve some of the issues of not publicising the competition. Well of course it will! The ECB aren't doing it this year and will do it next.

"So the reason it is suffering this year is because we aren't doing our jobs because we want something almost the same but different"

The outground issue is going to be bigger for the 8 franchises in 2020. While the Hundred people are troughing in their TMGs, The counties will have to put their 'remnants' on outgrounds during the 50 over competition as they are locked out of their homes.

But who cares as long as the Hundred 'saves cricket' aye?

(Sm72)

Grockle 04 August, 2019 17:23
Sterling can go early and did. Going into the gsme with 'no more than 8' in your mind has to be better than 'we can hit 200+' It's a mindset and we don't have it presently.

(Sm72)

AGod 04 August, 2019 17:30
Agree.

wsm fan 04 August, 2019 20:13
Great day out at Richmond.
Great company, catching up with friends.
Lovely setting, love festival cricket.
Some fantasticly entertaining cricket.
T20 is about runs, 4s 6s & plenty of them.
Not the result i went for but ABDV was the difference, nearly enjoyed watching him bat!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net