Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be in about.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Oval ball game
Discussion started by cricketjerry-mouse , 26 August, 2019 08:58
Oval ball game
cricketjerry-mouse 26 August, 2019 08:58
Sam Curran and Ollie Pope have been released from the England squad at Headingley to return to Surrey for this week`s T20 matches against Somerset and Essex at The Oval.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/08/2019 10:01 by Grockle.

Re: Oval ball game
cricketjerry-mouse 26 August, 2019 13:38
Somerset name the same 14-man squad for tomorrow - the 11 who defeated Glamorgan, plus George Bartlett, Dom Bess and Ollie Sale.

Scrumper 26 August, 2019 20:42
https://www.kiaoval.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/surrey-somerset-squad.png
Surrey squad.

brt1919 26 August, 2019 23:54
The weather looks great, I’m 40mins away, but I just can’t face another midweek T20 at the Oval. To anyone who’s going, if you’re unlucky enough to be stuck behind a group who aren’t remotely interested in anything over than drinking & getting up mid over, or worse, giving abuse to their own players let alone ours, it shouldn’t be an issue changing seats to another area or even stand as we ended up doing that last time for the 2nd innings

Loyal of Lhasa 27 August, 2019 09:22
I'm only 25 mins away and shall not attend this evening, for the same reasons as brt1919. Richard Gould will presumably note that the ground is full of people spending lots of money on booze and won't miss me, even though - unlike the boozers - I might have been interested in the actual cricket.

LoL

Seventy-one Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Shepton Paul 2 27 August, 2019 09:30
Well I'm only about 30 miles away, and not only will I not attend largely due to my distinctly unenjoyable T20 experience there a few years ago but also because (NB LoL) I'll be on a golf course...

First thing I'll do when I come off the 18th green will of course be to look up the score/result 😉

AGod 27 August, 2019 09:43
I thought you were based in Swindon, SP?

Has it moved?

I could go there, straight after work, and it would take me, perhaps 45 minutes to get there. However, I have no desire to spend my evening with Chelsea Tractor driving, Hooray Henrys, quaffing champagne and standing with their backs to their games, whilst boring all and sundry with their tedious "patter."

Loyal of Lhasa 27 August, 2019 10:05
Sorry to hear your sad news, SP, but I must admit that your golf course will be a more congenial place than The Oval later today.

I wonder if there is a way of drawing Richard Gould's attention to this thread - and we could then also mention that we have a vacancy for a CEO.

LoL

Shepton Paul 2 27 August, 2019 10:46
Worked in Swindon till 2015, AG - I live near Reading.

Tom Seymour 27 August, 2019 10:47
Paul, when you come off the 18th., head straight for the 19th. and have a stiff one before looking up the score / result.

You may need it to celebrate.

Hell's Bells, I really don't think I am well today.

(Sm45)

A glass half - empty or a glass half - full?
Regardless, both glasses need filling up.

MisterMurph 27 August, 2019 10:50
While I realise that asking this question clearly makes me a lesser mortal, but is there any way to watch the game? The tickets are sold out and it looks like the Birmingham/Durham game is on Sky.

Wickham 27 August, 2019 11:00
The official SomersetCCC site has a link labelled Match Centre. If you click on that, you will find (once the match is about to start) a live stream on the left of the screen.

AGod 27 August, 2019 11:03
Ah! I see, SP.

I think it would need an awful lot to persuade Gouldy back, LoL. Perhaps we can find out what his fave tipple is, have a whip round, and ensure a lifetime’s supply a la Leachy’s glasses. Gould has refused to kow-tow to Graves which makes him a star in my book.

As for tonight? I think I’m right in saying that we have a decent 50 over record at the Oval, but a dodgy T20 one... so time to reverse some history.

And if there’s a track on which we really should be looking to bring Dom in? It would, usually, be the Oval. Perhaps a rest for Cove would be a good idea, with another CC game coming up?

Loyal of Lhasa 27 August, 2019 11:37
I would certainly welcome the inclusion of Bess, with a rest for Cove or - is this a heresy - the omission of RvdM.

LoL

Bagpuss 27 August, 2019 11:46
Considering history, LoL, I can only think the omission of RvdM would cause much celebration in the Surrey camp.

doc h 27 August, 2019 13:10
Assume that Somerset will have a link to the live stream, otherwise Surrey website states that the live stream will be available on kiaoval.com.

hantssabre 27 August, 2019 16:49
Somerset v Middlesex on Sky on Friday if people aren’t already aware

Roger ivanhoe 27 August, 2019 17:06
TOSS: Somerset win the toss and elect to bat first

Mike TA1 27 August, 2019 17:35
I have had to get the com. on Somerset DAB radio.

Bagpuss 27 August, 2019 17:42
Cant find a link to the commentary on BBC cricket home page 😠

Streeter 27 August, 2019 17:45

hantssabre 27 August, 2019 17:48
Can’t even sort the live stream out. What a bunch of amateurs Surrey are!

Roger ivanhoe 27 August, 2019 18:00
Sky chosen the wrong match to broadcast, they are off for rain Birmingham 62 for 1 after 7

hantssabre 27 August, 2019 18:15
Sounds like the wheels are falling off!

Nailsea_Fizz 27 August, 2019 18:30
Its attaking T20, it can go that way.

Grockle 27 August, 2019 18:33
Seems Surrey are blaming Youtube for no live stream.

(Sm72)

hantssabre 27 August, 2019 18:35
Surely there is a time to attack and a time to be a bit more circumspect. In danger of not batting out the overs at this rate

AGod 27 August, 2019 18:44
Predictably, it’s a spin-friendly track. I stand by my earlier suggestion, that we should have included Dom as part of a 3 spinner attack.

Mike K 27 August, 2019 18:46
Stream is now working

AGod 27 August, 2019 18:54
We are likely to prove 10-12 runs short of a winning total, IMO.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net