Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be in about.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Membership benefits for 2020 season.
Discussion started by nelliec , 08 October, 2019 20:03
Membership benefits for 2020 season.
nelliec 08 October, 2019 20:03
Next year if reports are true the CC will see the top 5 from this year play each other only once , and the 50 over competition will run alongside the 100. Both of these will input greatly on the quality of cricket at Taunton..
So for membership to remain at the same cost what ideas do members have to justify paying the same price.
One idea I’ve got would be to get an agreement with Gloucester allowing members of both clubs free entry to home and away games in the Cc and 50 over comp.
Any other ideas floating around?!?!

Re: Membership benefits for 2020 season.
Bagpuss 08 October, 2019 21:22
Also no KSL matches next year which have been included with membership. Although we *may* get a women's H*n*r*d match thrown in.

I think it unlikely Somerset and Gloucestershire would go for such a reciprocal arrangement for Som v Glos matches as these are likely to attract the biggest fate receipts in each format. Reciprocal arrangements between counties generally only allow free entry to matches where the home team is playing a county other than the one with the reciprocation.

Grizzzly 08 October, 2019 23:10
A bit of a tricky call for SCCC to make, given the current vacancies at the top of the management structure.

Grizzzly

nelliec 08 October, 2019 23:24
Although having a ladies h*****d game might be an option for the club ,we don’t really want to go down that path at all.Before we know it half the cost will include trips to Wales

Somerset LaLaLa 09 October, 2019 08:12
Does anyone know has membership been increasing or falling over recent years?

nelliec 09 October, 2019 09:23
Went up dramatically for the 2018 season but strayed toughly the same last year,although the CC reverted from 9 teams to 8 teams I think

Mike TA1 09 October, 2019 10:20
Bringing in a new type of membership, like a separate T20 or any other change in membership can effect membership totals.

Loyal of Lhasa 09 October, 2019 21:41
Somerset members could be paid to attend Nevil Road...

LoL

Seventy-one Seasons a Somerset Supporter

nelliec 20 October, 2019 21:58
Right then.Now the •••• 100 sides have been selected how do the county go about selling 50 over cricket to their loyal members.

nelliec 20 October, 2019 22:05
So from last years winners we will have;
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. Hildreth
5. ?
6. Bartlett
7. ?
8. ?
9. Jamie O
10.Davey
11. ?
Doesn’t look quite the same does it!!!

Bagpuss 20 October, 2019 23:09
Considering the "cricket" alternative to watching a decimated Somerset defend their 50 over title is to trek across the Bridge to Cardiff, or do battle with the Bowl's park'n'ride, to watch a bastardised form of the game, something us members and supporters have been saying we would rather stick pins in our eyes than do, well it doesn't appear to be such a hard sell.

Perhaps we've been doing this wrong. Maybe all the supporters from the non Test counties should've been saying we were looking forward to spending our ££ supporting [insert team name] rather than our now rather unfashionable and definitely unsavoury li'l ole county side. Maybe that would've concentrated minds.

Shepton Paul 2 21 October, 2019 08:56
I shall continue to watch and support whoever turns up and turns out for Somerset CCC.

Bagpuss 21 October, 2019 09:46
As will I, SP. And many others. Which is good for Somerset as the !00 may have a lesser effect on their coffers than some other counties'. But bad, in that Somerset know this, so have fewer reasons to oppose the !00 than some other counties. A dichotomy (I think; LoL will know)

Bobstan 21 October, 2019 22:19
LoL won't know a long word like dichotomy, Baggie.

Loyal of Lhasa 21 October, 2019 22:41
Dichotomy? I'm a bifurcation man myself. (best when uttered by Tractor)

Wickham 22 October, 2019 17:29
If LoL didn’t understand the word, surely he’d look it up in a dichotomy.

Loyal of Lhasa 22 October, 2019 20:29
Since my dichotomy, a rather serious operation, I've been unable to communicate with Big Jim as I've had all my Welshness removed.

LoL

Seventy-one Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Bobstan 22 October, 2019 20:55
That is clearly the most minor surgical procedure ever.

Bagpuss 22 October, 2019 22:09
I think that's a Dai-chotomy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net