Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be in about.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

New Head Groundsman
Discussion started by Grockle , 30 October, 2019 10:12
New Head Groundsman
Grockle 30 October, 2019 10:12
From the club today

"Scott Hawkins named as new Head Groundsman

Somerset County Cricket Club are pleased to be able to announce that Scott Hawkins will be the new Head Groundsman at the Cooper Associates County Ground.

Scott has a wealth of experience and held the position of Deputy Head Groundsman for Essex County Cricket Club for several years.

More recently he was the Head Groundsman at the highly respected Cricket Performance centre in La Manga, Spain.

Scott will undertake a handover period with the Hampshire-bound Simon Lee in early November.

Following the appointment, Somerset Director of Cricket Andy Hurry said: “We undertook a robust recruitment process and were extremely impressed with Scott, who made a real impact on the panel.

“He is an experienced and extremely capable groundsman who we believe is the perfect fit for Somerset County Cricket Club. He is ambitious and conscientious, and the selection panel were impressed by his leadership qualities, knowledge and experience of pitch preparations.

After accepting the role, Scott said: “I’m really excited to be taking over from Simon as Head Groundsman at Somerset County Cricket Club. It’s a great opportunity and I can’t wait to get started. I’m excited to be a part of an established team both on and off the field and to be a part of what is one of the best First Class grounds in the country.

“I’m looking to add my experience to that of the team here, and I want to produce the best possible pitches for the Club and work with the Coaches and the Director of Cricket to ensure that we do exactly that.”

One down a couple to go.

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2019 19:40 by Grockle.

Re: New Head Groundsman
mikeindex 01 November, 2019 14:19
Seems a pretty good pedigree. Totally approve of an Essex background.
Well done Mr Hawkins, and looking forward to getting better acquainted with your groundsmanship.

Re: New Head Groundsman
Loyal of Lhasa 02 November, 2019 11:47
Will experience of preparing four-day wickets be of much use within the next few years?

LoL

Seventy-one Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net