Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be in about.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

It's 2017 all over again - The 2017 Season Farmer White reports
Discussion started by Farmer White , 04 November, 2019 00:00
It's 2017 all over again - The 2017 Season Farmer White reports
Farmer White 04 November, 2019 00:00
For those who can bear re-living the 2017 season I will be gradually adding all my 2017 grockles match reports - all three formats - to my website through the winter. I did not write reports on every match in 2017 and many reports take a look at a slice of a day of cricket rather than a whole day as my reports do now. The reports, some textual tidying apart, are as they were written, and they say what they said at the time.. "Very brave, Minister." is a phrase which springs to mind but they are what they are. Where I did not write a report there is a brief resume of the play.

The reports are set out with subsequently written contextual and explanantory information because at this distance in time the details of the match and its context may not be at the forefront of the mind. The original reports appear in a darker font and are contained within quotation marks to differentiate them from the additional contextual information.

To set the context for the 2017 season the first set of 'reports' are the among the very first ones I posted on this site beginning on the last two days of the 2016 season and during the few days afterwards. They refer to the end of the 2016 County Championship - if anyone can bear it again. County Championship reports will appear on my site a complete match at a time I will add a link to the relevant post on this thread. I will not be putting the reports on here because the originals are still on this site and because they would very quickly clog up the thread on phones.

Here is the link direct to the end of 2016:

[farmerwhite.co.uk]

Farmer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2019 09:24 by Farmer White.

Re: It's 2017 all over again - Historic Farmer White reports
Scrumper 04 November, 2019 01:06
Arthur Scargill.

Re: It's 2017 all over again - The 2017 Season Farmer White reports
Des Platt 04 November, 2019 17:30
Hope you do the Scarborough game Farmer. Having been there and really enjoyed it, I would look forward to that.

Farmer White 04 November, 2019 18:00
Des

There will be reports on a couple of days of the Scarborough match but .... I wasn't there. In fact I have only been to Scarborough once but not to watch cricket. From recollection the reports were more a review of the match in the context of Somerset's desperate position in the Championship at the time. The match was some way into the season so the reports will not appear for a couple of months or so yet. I haven't re-read them so when I get there I will be interested to see how wide of the mark my thoughts were. I suspect I will discover I am a not a prophet! In fact I have already discovered that in the 2017 reports already published.

Farmer

Farmer White 09 November, 2019 22:21
Somerset v Essex CC - April 2017

The link below is to the homepage of my website. The article I have just posted at the top contains my grockles reports on the first match of the 2017 season v Essex. There are reports on the first two days of the match. The third day was spent travelling to London for a quinquenniel folk concert which I never miss even though it has twice fallen during Somerset's first match of the season. So, no report on the third day but there is a brief summary.

During the match a presentation was made to Marcus Trescothick to mark his 25th season with Somerset.

[farmerwhite.co.uk]

Farmer

Farmer White 18 November, 2019 00:22
Lancashire v Somerset - April 2017

Somerset's second match of the 2017 season was against Lancashire at Old Trafford. I did not attend. Instead I laid a patio whilst listening to the online commentary of the match. I wrote a report of the experience, followed, after the second day, by an even more offbeat post. By the third day, 12-hour days laying a patio in heavy clay soil took its toll, and so there are brief summaries of the final two days (of cricket).

This link will take you straight to the reports and summary:

[farmerwhite.co.uk]

And for those interested in totally irrelevant trivia, that tops a third of a million words on my site.

Farmer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/11/2019 00:47 by Farmer White.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net