Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 26TH season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be this long after the planned start date.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Discussion started by RadstockRob , 12 December, 2019 04:46
MERRY CHRISTMAS
RadstockRob 12 December, 2019 04:46
A merry Christmas to all Grocklees.

My thought for the year 2020 is to do the impoossible in the Championship.

With the points deduction it will be a hard task for a talented team.

Let's show them what we can achieve.

Our target should be relegation!

Happy New Year.

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2020 22:55 by Grockle.

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS
Shepton Paul 2 12 December, 2019 09:15
Gone a bit early there Rob, but Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too.

I hope to be back living in my home county by the time the CC is sewn up in September...🙏

RadstockRob 12 December, 2019 14:20
Somebody had to be first Shep.

Xmas Market finishes in Bath today.

Wishing you every success returning to God's County.

Bobstan 12 December, 2019 16:18
I have to inform you, Rob, that God has two counties. She told me so herself.
They are the county of my birth, Somerset (of course) and Suffolk. It is just possible that Paul Grockle may think there is a third. A little Bird told me that.

RadstockRob 12 December, 2019 19:08
Is she a tractor girl Bobs?

Bobstan 12 December, 2019 20:42
As ITFC is currently in the lowest division since the year that a certain Alf Ramsey took over as manager I am keeping fairly quiet about football at the moment, Rob.

I cannot believe that She is not a supporter of the Blues. The ultimate Tractor Girl.

Mike TA1 15 December, 2019 08:29
Wishing all that support Somerset cricket and a few that don't a Very Happy Christmas and a Healthy 2020.

Win the first match of the season and we will be on + points.

RadstockRob 15 December, 2019 22:08
A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Mike.

With not being able to get to the ground I doubley appreciate your cracking photois. Mike

Thanks Mike for all your efforts.

I hope you get plenty of thermal clothing for Christmas for filming Championship cricket in late Winter and then early next Winter.
I very much hope to see you next year. It may be sooner than you think as well.

Thankls again for all you do Mike

Grockle 15 December, 2019 23:44
Hear Hear and thanks slso to Paul 'Farmer White' for the word pictures that add to Mike's visuals for those who can't get. You both give this site things it couldn't do without and which set it apart from other places.

I am personally very grateful for the time and effort you both put in for absolutely no monetary reward at all.

Winter well gentlemen

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/12/2019 11:34 by Grockle.

Grizzers 16 December, 2019 00:25
Have a good one fellow Grocklees and many thanks to Mike & FW as expressed by Rob & Grockle above !

It's the winter solstice next weekend, following which the days get longer, the sun shines later and Somerset get ever closer to winning the Championship.

He said hopefully..........

Grizzers

Mike TA1 16 December, 2019 08:30
Other supporters sites do daily reports on matches but they come nowhere near the excellent reports FW do.

He must spend hours writing those reports into the early hours of the morning. Can't wait to see this years book.

Thanks to Rob and others for their thanks, you are not moving to Taunton are you Rob?

Somerset LaLaLa 16 December, 2019 17:57
Peace and goodwill to all.

Wishing a Merry Christmas to Messrs Graves and Harrison, remember giving is more important than receiving.

Happy New Year especially to the many mums and kids who, we are told, are about to break the habits of generations to go to live cricket

Des Platt 16 December, 2019 19:22
Thoroughly agree with the comments above. Really enjoyed coming on this for both the match reports, especially FW’s and Mike’s picture but also general discussion. All the best to everyone.

Pity Lancs not at Taunton next year and I don’t care much for watching cricket at the soulless Old Trafford. Priority for me next year , besides a Somerset championship, is the Roses match at Scarborough

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/12/2019 19:30 by Des Platt.

Old Boy! 18 December, 2019 13:40
As someone said earlier, win the first match and collect 24 points, and we are 12 points +. From then on it is carry on as last year. My main hope is that we stuff Middlesex good and proper, because although I have no proof, I reckon the hand of Mr Fraser was not far away from the decision to dock us points - revenge he thinks for 2 years ago, ALLEGEDLY of course!.
Old Boy!

Grizzers 18 December, 2019 16:15
As Middlesex are still wallowing deservedly in the bowels of Division 2, that will have to wait a while OB !

Grizzers

Germiston lad 20 December, 2019 11:14
Life in the Old dog Yet!

Peter Trego signs a 2 year contract, all forms of the game, for Notts! Good for him!!
BBC/Sport/Cricket.

Grockle 20 December, 2019 11:23
Someone was going to see the value of the man.

(Sm72)

Bobstan 20 December, 2019 14:21
To make the latest posts relevant to this thread, may I wish Pete a Merry Christmas and a HNY.

hantssabre 25 December, 2019 12:12
Happy birthday to Marcus, 44 today!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net