Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 26TH season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be this long after the planned start date.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

Colin Street
Discussion started by Sloop John B , 14 December, 2019 12:48
Colin Street
Sloop John B 14 December, 2019 12:48
Have just heard that Colin Street who was a long-time member of SCCC and a regular contributor to Grockles until recent years has passed away about two weeks ago.
He used a mobility scooter in the last few years but I don't think he made it to matches last season.
He will be missed.
RIP Colin.

Re: Colin Street
Mike TA1 14 December, 2019 13:11
I am sorry to hear that news, Colin was a frequent visitor at the ground and could be seen travelling along in front of the Gimblett's Hill on his mobility scooter, he was in pain most of the time and didn't often complain about it.

RIP.

Grockle 14 December, 2019 13:53
His absence was noted last year and this is sad news. Always a worthwhile contributor online and to afternoon conversations at games. RIP most definitely.

(Sm72)

Loyal of Lhasa 14 December, 2019 23:01
I think I may know who you are referring to but would be grateful if somebody could state under what name he contributed on this site.

LoL

Seventy-two Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Mike TA1 15 December, 2019 08:19
I am not 100% sure LoL, it could be “Streeter”

Streeter 15 December, 2019 09:15
No , definately not me.

Mike TA1 15 December, 2019 10:54
Thanks for correcting me, you will see why I made that mistake.

Sloop John B 15 December, 2019 10:59
Sorry Lol I tried to recall his Moniker by failed. cas.. something I think. But Grockle should know.

Grockle 15 December, 2019 14:03
Nope sorry. I assumed Streeter as well though I do know there was another poster who was chair bound posted using another pseudonym. I get no personal poster info other than the nickname and long may it remain that way.

There is also the possibility that more than one nickname might have been used at different times. My only other bit of info is that I seem to recall that one of them was/is an acquaintance of Old Boy! so maybe he can shed more light.

(Sm72)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/12/2019 14:08 by Grockle.

mikeindex 17 December, 2019 13:34
I think the gentleman in question posted as Casomer.

Sloop John B 17 December, 2019 14:02
Yes MikeIndex. I am sure you are correct. Well remembered.

Old Boy! 17 December, 2019 17:29
Yes Grocklees - Colin passed away on 28th November in a Nursuing Home. Sorry I haven't looked in recentl,y here to pick up the messages. Colin and I go back a long way. He was for several years the skipper of KIlve second eleven. An ardent SCCC supporter he suffered a very bad misplaced injection in his spinal cord about 20 years ago and bravely coped with dreadful pain for the rest of his life eventually having to resort to a wheelchair and electric buggy. Despite taking him to various hospitals many times no medical person could put right the injury he had suffered. Nevertheless a great loyal friend and I was grateful that I could attend his funeral and pray thankfully that his painful days were over. Casomer (from CAStreet sOMERset) enjoyed the verbal banter on Grockle. RIP
Old Boy!

Loyal of Lhasa 17 December, 2019 19:13
I was fairly certain that Colin Street and Casomer were the same person and I am sad to hear of his death, for I much enjoyed our good-natured banter on my all-too-infrequent visits to Taunton in recent years.

LoL

Seventy-two Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Grockle 17 December, 2019 20:48
Thank you both. He was a very good person to get into a conversation with online and in person. I knew him as Casomer for many years on and off Grockles and assumed that Streeter was just another version as some of our older members often have problems with long held names and have to find alternatives

But after conversations about this I am not so sure. Anyway. Sad news nevertheless and thanks for the clariification.

(Sm72)

RadstockRob 18 December, 2019 02:21
The last name he used on here last was Keynsham Lad.

Colin.myself and a few others used to "chat" via e-mail. They became less until dwindling out to nil.

I won't go into any details,but the last couple of e-mails that I I received from Colin,some time ago indicated that
end was near.
He was no longer able to drive his car and his days of riding his scooter to the County Ground were over.

We are always sad at the loss of a life ,especially friends and aquaintances, but I was relieved to read that his suffering was over.
I
As Grockle said, corresponding with Colin was a delight, as his use of the English language was that of a level way above my Grammar School education.

RIP mate. It was a pleasure to know you

Rob

I'm not 100% sure, but if my memory serves me correctly, Colin was an ex English teacher.

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

Old Boy! 18 December, 2019 07:35
Nicely written Rob. I miss those pre-season lunches at one of your favourite pubs with Colin and myself. Not that it matters, but Colin's main subject was, I believe Maths although his use of the English language outstanding.
Old Boy!

Phantom 18 December, 2019 10:14
RIP to one of our own

RadstockRob 18 December, 2019 23:13
Well done Old Boy! for spotting my deliberate mistake.
I am taking my Daughter and her partner to Somerset Wagon on Sunday for lunch.
I'll raise my glass to Colin.

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

Sloop John B 19 December, 2019 08:39
Colin was indeed a maths teacher. The latter part of his career was spent in the county's Education Department SIMS team where I first met him. He used his skills to train teachers in using a computerised timetabling system to deal with the complexities of then manual timetabling methods.

Grockle 19 December, 2019 15:28
SIMS is fun! You needed to be very organised to teach that system. Clear thinker indeed.

(Sm72)

Wickham 20 December, 2019 14:33
I can’t claim to have known Colin well. But his good-natured cheerfulness, when I saw him at the ground, belied the pain from which I now know he was suffering. My condolences to Colin’s family and friends.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net