Latest news:

GROCKLES welcomes you all to the world of Somerset Cricket.

WELCOME to the 25TH ANNIVERSARY season of Grockles and the home of the ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP CHAMPIONS 2019!! Next live county cricket at Taunton will be in about.....

Days or Hours or Minutes or Seconds

Old Pavilion Gimblett Hill General View Somerset Stand Stand Trescothick Stand
Ondaatje Pavilion Scoreboard Stand squad Colin Atkinson Pavilion Botham Stand
County Championship Info FPT20 Info CB40 Info Somerset Official Website Somerset Video Library Somerset Match Scorecard SCCC Ball by Ball

ECB focus groups
Discussion started by Bagpuss , 26 January, 2020 23:03
ECB focus groups
Bagpuss 26 January, 2020 23:03
For anyone who could attend Lord's on the evening of 3rd, 4th or 6th February, the ECB are looking for cricket fans to attend a focus group.

The call for volunteers was posted on the England and Wales Cricket Board account (@ECB_cricket) with a link to a questionnaire you fill in to apply. You don't need to be signed up to Twitter to find it, if you Google ECB_cricket twitter it is top of the list, click on it and scroll until you get to the "cricket community alert" tweet which contains the link.

Let's hope answering the questions honestly - admitting I'm extremely interested in cricket, watch a lot of professional matches live and on tv doesn't automatically exclude me. Although being a woman might earn me a few brownie points. They didn't ask if I had amy kidz...

Re: ECB focus groups
Shepton Paul 2 26 January, 2020 23:05
I'll have a look at this - those dates would work for me in London...

Grizzers 27 January, 2020 01:16
Good luck to you two and to anyone else who can get into these focus groups.

Anyone and anything that can knock some sense into the ECB will be most welcome.

Grizzers

Shepton Paul 2 27 January, 2020 09:26
I've completed the application form, though I doubt they'll be short of their quota of middle-aged white blokes. 😊

AGod 27 January, 2020 12:57
This will be hilarious.

The ECB will be hoping to not invite any of those people that "The Hundred isn't for."

However, since the Hundred is, apparently, only for people currently not interested in cricket and/or the Chelsea Tractor T20 drunkard set? Not a single one of those folks will have put themselves forward for this "focus group," since half have no interest in cricket and the others will only go if there are seven pints attached to the offer (No, Tom useless Harrison won't be buying..)

So..........................something tells me that this will be cancelled due to "unforeseen circumstances."

AGod 27 January, 2020 13:35
However, I’m tempted to fill the form in, dishonestly, pretending that I don’t know what cricket is and that I have the attention span of a gnat.

That, surely, would get me a front row seat..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net